Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
I know it has, but reading the digest it's a shat show of info. Looks like it's changed to only a few counties in zone 3
About 8 counties let you use the same weapon during firearm season as muzzleloader . I hunt Muskegon County and that’s one so Im gonna get out and try to fill another tag. It’s only 10 days now. A few years ago it was like 17 days.

· Registered
699 Posts
About 8 counties let you use the same weapon during firearm season as muzzleloader . I hunt Muskegon County and that’s one so Im gonna get out and try to fill another tag. It’s only 10 days now. A few years ago it was like 17 days.
Counties Oceana, Newaygo, Mecosta, Muskegon, Isabella, Midland and Bay.

· Registered
20,991 Posts
Counties Oceana, Newaygo, Mecosta, Muskegon, Isabella, Midland and Bay.
Any reason that you did not include the entire sentence from the Digest ? Maybe read that sentence from the Digest again ??? This is page 50. What isn't clear and to the point ?

L & O

· Registered
5,808 Posts
You forgot the 7 day quiet period after gun before it started allowing the bow hunters a crack. Late anterless was following the ML season.

· Registered
699 Posts
Any reason that you did not include the entire sentence from the Digest ? Maybe read that sentence from the Digest again ??? This is page 50. What isn't clear and to the point ?

L & O
Right In zone 3 and the counties I mentioned. I guess I was only focusing on that since I only hunt Muskegon and it’s split between the limited firearm zone.

· Registered
13,843 Posts
From Page 50 in the hunting guide:

In Zone 3, which equipment can I use during the muzzleloading deer season?

In Zone 3, and Oceana, Newaygo, Mecosta, Muskegon, Isabella, Midland and Bay counties, you can use all legal firearms. If you are hunting in the limited firearm deer zone, you must follow equipment requirements for that zone.

Essentially, there is no longer a muzzle loader season in Zone 3 or in any of the 7 other counties listed (parts of which are in Zone 2). All legal firearms can be used.

· Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Ok that list of extended counties is what I got confused on. Sorry to irritate the experts with a simple question about the ever changing regs.
Dont Let the apologist get to you. The digest is a complete disaster.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts