Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hate you....j/k, looks tasty. Can't wait till I bag one so I can enjoy some delectible vension as well.

·
Administrator
17,551 Posts
William H Bonney said:
I left the whole backstraps intact on doe I got during bow season. I usually cut 'em into steaks but this year I'm grill those suckers whole.
I did the same thing on my buck this year too! Also, first time for me as suggested by my girlfriend!
<----<<<

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Both you guys SUCK

I'm still trying to get one for the freezer. I really want some venison stew or a nice tasty roast with new potatoes, carrots, onion and celery smothered in gravy!!!! mmmmm, man I really got to get one, I can't stand the thought of not having any of those dishes for the next year. :sad: If I can't get the big one, then I'll just have to settle for the next brown thing that walks into range. THose pics got my taste buds tingling.

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GVDocHoliday said:
If that doesn't (It sure did me) then this certainly will add to the fire:

haha doc. thats awesome. I'm trying to figure out what creation i can come with tonight that will get everyones mouth watering again.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
"I really want some venison stew or a nice tasty roast with new potatoes, carrots, onion and celery smothered in gravy!!!!"

Hahahaha...if you look closely at my stew...you'll see that's all I use :lol:

Except I use the McCormacks beef stew seasoning for slow cookers and a little corn starch and water to thicken it up. MMMMM..mmmmm. I love venison.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
GVDocHoliday said:
"I really want some venison stew or a nice tasty roast with new potatoes, carrots, onion and celery smothered in gravy!!!!"

Hahahaha...if you look closely at my stew...you'll see that's all I use :lol:

Except I use the McCormacks beef stew seasoning for slow cookers and a little corn starch and water to thicken it up. MMMMM..mmmmm. I love venison.
That looks like my meal when I cook it. Corn starch works better than flour, no lumps. Man there isn't anything better than THAT!!!!! I can actually taste it now. I HAVE TO GET A DEER!!! It looks like I'll have to hunt the cold days of December to make it a reality. But ohhh man is it worth it for a lot of roasts and stew meals, oh and a crap load of chili.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts