Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has some time on 9/20 we are a couple of guides short for the GDHA/WFUSA 2008 Youth Hunt and would appreciate any additional help we can muster.

It's alot of fun for everyone involved (and quite honestly to alot of us this is more fun than our own hunts)and all guides get an event T-Shirt for helping the cause!

It's a great oppurtunity to make a difference for a young hunter and insure the future of waterfowling!

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Guys- Matts needs our help here. We're short about 4 guides to take out some very enthusiastic and excited youth hunters!

Think of it as a chance to help mold the future watefowlers of michigan - those same kids will become adults that will help support and fund future waterfowling opportunities. Your future opportunities.

Not familiar with the area? there's plenty of guys that do know it like the back of their hands that would be happy to help you find your spot (just don't take mine! ;) )

Matt's dead on too: I think I look forward to this more than my own opener! It's a total hoot to see these kids out there banging away at the teal and woodrows.

contact Matt and let him know you'd like to help out. Worst case? Some kids will have to be told that they're invite will have to be recinded. don't let that happen!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is this hunt taking place?
location would be helpful and also what equiptment the"guides" need to bring?
The hunt will be taking place around Pointe Mouillee.

That being said, anyone who has a spot somewhere else locally to hunt is welcome to do that, but the after hunt bbq/equipment giveaway takes place at Mouillee.

Equipment needed by guides would be a boat (most of the young hunters do not have waders as they are new hunters, and we cannot expect them to run out and buy them for one hunt), decoys & life preservers.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
If you have a big boat, you can hunt the big water, islands and surrounding waterway if you want to stay tight to Pt. Mouillee (rockford, off exit 26, east of I-75).

if you have a 14' or smaller, a marsh boat or canoe, you can get back into the GMA right there.

in the past, I've just used a canoe or 14' jon inside the area. water (other than the ditches!) shouldn't be over your waist at the deepest spot.

~~~~~~

Bubbles - you still crack me up. love the avatar!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Matt,

My boat is full but I have an extra camoflaged kayak and paddle that someone is welcome to use. I also have decoys if anyone needs some.

It's a one man kayak and you can fit about a half dozen decoys behind the seat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
BUBBLES????????????????? Wow I guess TPB's are gaining ground here in U.S. . I was "introduced" to them 5 years ago by a buddy who had a buddy who worked in Windsor. I have passed on my DVD's to all my friends. The word is getting around. I am laughing right now thinking about the boys....hey you ever seen a samsquantch?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My little brother and i stumbled across them on line while watching youtube! we watched the "Green [email protected]$tard" episode and after falling off my chair 2 times and wiping my eyes from crying laughing i decided i needed to investigate further!!! man i love that show!! i try and buy a season here and there online to keep up but i am going to canada here on saturday and hope to find a store that sells the seasons on dvd!! Branta! i am glad i can make you guys laugh a little on here!!! take care guys hope everyone has a fun/ safe early season! and a full boat for the youth hunt!! -Quack aka bubbles

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry for continuing the off topic discussion, last post on it. You have to see the christmas special, it is the THE BEST one and I have seen 6 seasons worth and both movies. Hollywood video had several copies of their newest movie in the previously viewed section which may explain their increasing popularity here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts