Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
The hali jig rocks!! Been catching the whales on lk Erie on the hali all summer and fall .
dey do Admiral! I still have some original Rapala pilki,s first creator of dat style.back den dey ran foil stamped in chrome n blue.its just killer i have Lotta confidence in Hali great blade as well.if I'm dead sticking over whales out deeper.en I got shack set up with deadsticks out dare covering a primeter hard to beat imo

·
Registered
735 Posts
Guster,diamond willow,rapps my go 2 out dare.i don't run bait much out dare,cause my biggest whales have come without bait.all depends on body of water yur fashin imo. I will say dis especially on American side of lsc.dare is a time frame usually Februaryish.they get educated, dem whales only will hit a wiggler,or emerald on a deadstick.i do love mouseies for when I tip.belive it immatates a wiggler well;)
YEAH THAT 100%^^^^^^^^
Only way I roll out on the ole’ LSC!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sometimes you have to call them in with some doobie dues, blue cans and Black Sabbath
I google these name nothing related to fishing came up . Is it a fish attracter that make a sound that attract fish

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
I google these name nothing related to fishing came up . Is it a fish attracter that make a sound that attract fish

Yes FD, a low, but distinctive rumble, almost like a cough, when practiced properly!

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
My goto bait would be spikes for perch, gills, and specs. Can always combine them with an anise bead or some type of plastic to make almost anything hit.
Whenever I venture out my bait container will be 60% spikes, and 40% waxies. I never use any other live bait.
<----<<<

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My goto bait would be spikes for perch, gills, and specs. Can always combine them with an anise bead or some type of plastic to make almost anything hit.
Whenever I venture out my bait container will be 60% spikes, and 40% waxies. I never use any other live bait.
<----<<<
Thank you

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
...and don't forget the distinctive scent , makes the fish go mad , they made a movie about it in the 30's , lol
The science you see in spray bottle on sport department shelve . If so what scent you use

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Lots of good info hey thank you so much hope to see you all on ice. Look for the old guy in camo. Have to figure out a marker I can put on so you see me just be safe friends

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Lots of good info hey thank you so much hope to see you all on ice. Look for the old guy in camo. Have to figure out a marker I can put on so you see me just be safe friends

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
2D22ABBC-E75D-4440-9B31-E1BC3510D50C.png
Nah FD, those are snake oils, kinda like the magic elixir peddled to ole Josey.

you’re better gettin off with something like this......

·
Registered
12,704 Posts
View attachment 616005 Nah FD, those are snake oils, kinda like the magic elixir peddled to ole Josey.

you’re better gettin off with something like this......
C'mon Jarvi, he says old guy... Not sure "if" your serious or not @fishing dave ? He's talking about pot, marijuana, weed, "fish call'!!

Hate to see ya out there spraying skunk scent on yer stuff ! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
C'mon Jarvi, he says old guy... Not sure "if" your serious or not @fishing dave ? He's talking about pot, marijuana, weed, "fish call'!!

Hate to see ya out there spraying skunk scent on yer stuff ! :lol::lol:
thank you though it was a funny but at a good laugh

21 - 40 of 58 Posts