Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts
Since my phone sucks. First pic was a 10 point at 192# dressed.

next two pics a 9 point at 199# dressed and the last pic of the doe was 149# dressed. By far the biggest doe we have ever weighed.

disclaimer. We tare our cabelas scale by generally pounding beers and having me hang from it. As long as I’m between 195 and 200# we consider it relatively accurate.

That's good to know, maybe a B&C doe should be 130# + dressed.
Exactly, guy's say 150# doe I laugh.. ever since I've been going to butcher I've gone to for 7 years now I have had every deer weighed. More interesting to me then any "score" of an animal. Biggest doe I've shot was 139# dressed. Him and I both thought NO DOUBT she was 150+#s to the point he checked his scale. And she looked like a sheet of plywood with legs walking through the woods !! That was my biggest doe, biggest buck 154#s dressed.

I keep meaning to buy a scale, strictly for curiosity. I've never weighed any deer I've shot, but I've never had any ridiculously big ones either. If I shot one that was a monster I would find a scale to put it on. Lol

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Have all mine weighed, butcher always says really...:lol: I guess first and him, bet a beer,
Buck I shot this year was 122#s

That had to be quite a sight walking into range. How long from first seeing it until you shot?
Maybe 5-10 seconds. lol

The does in front of me got weird all of a sudden and ran off. Then I heard the deepest grunt I’ve ever herd. Picked up movement in the tags, glassed him really quickly, and saw he was big enough. He stepped into my shooting lane and started eating the fresh growth on the ground. Broadside, 40 yards and I took the shot immediately. Luckily he ran away from the swamp and into the field. Watched him fall and drove the truck right up to him. I knew he was a big but had no idea how big his body was until I walked up to him. He looked like a small cow and there was no way I could move him by myself!

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.