Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our friend Crazy Charlie...

The crappie have been devouring these little guys the past few weeks. Ripped a nice smallie the other night and almost got that damn walleye thats been just sitting theree taunting me for a week now.

The one pictured is the first one I've tied with the red eyes. The others are with large bead-chain eyes. The past few days saw me doubling up on the tubing wrap for a fatter body. I tend to only use the crystal flash and no hair. I mixed it up a bit on this one. You can get rather creative with thread and tubing colors to blend them into some not on the market.

The battery in my camera died or I would post how-to shots. Anyways, a nice alternative to the handy and reliable clouser.

:D

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've been doing well lately with something I tied that's very similar.I like to add a little white marabou and pink thread wraps to mine(I know it's just like a crappie jig,but it WORKS.....very well!).
Good luck with your tying and keep playing at the vise as it's very therapeutic for the soul;)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Good Day,

Thanks for sharing! I think the CC is one pattern that is not used enough in fresh water. Nice to hear of your catches!

Steelie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts