Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
3,347 Posts
I have heard about it a few times. I put it on my watch list, but had not watched it yet. Your post reminded me about it. Just finished watching. Great documentary, well worth watching. "One, two, or three pills can cure someone" that's not good financially for big pharma.

· Premium Member
1,924 Posts
When they were talking about trees using mycelium to communicate to each other - I went HMMMM? I want to see scientific proof of that one. I get the symbiosis between mycelium and tree roots being beneficial to each other - but brain waves for trees communicating to each other?

· Registered
3,783 Posts
When they were talking about trees using mycelium to communicate to each other - I went HMMMM? I want to see scientific proof of that one. I get the symbiosis between mycelium and tree roots being beneficial to each other - but brain waves for trees communicating to each other?
Yeah I can't really buy into everything they are trying to sell. I am a big believer in the power of fungi, especially the trippy kind, and I watched that documentary the first night I noticed it on Netflix. I didn't realize Paul Stamets was involved with it until during the documentary. I was familiar with him for many years. Pretty crazy story going from a terrible stuttering problem to fixed overnight. Miraculously they can have a similar effect for alcoholics, which I will readily attest to.

· Woods and Water Rat
24,721 Posts
I watched some of it but then it went kind of weird.
.....that can happen :sneaky:

Netflix did almost nothing for me, and they tried to keep charging me after I cancelled. Didn't sit well with me. Said I was accessing them when I wasn't, i think they were trying to slam me or something.

But I have to find this, should be on the Youtubes eventually if not already. I have read where we are just getting to know the benefits of fungi.

· Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Get past the weird part in the middle - I found it interesting - but at the same time I think the narrator has eaten a few too many magic mushrooms. The part where he credits turkey tail mushrooms with stopping his mothers stage 4 breast cancer caught my attention - mostly because on Tuesday morning, I outlived my mother who died from breast cancer by one day.

· Premium Member
5,024 Posts
Yeah I can't really buy into everything they are trying to sell. I am a big believer in the power of fungi, especially the trippy kind, and I watched that documentary the first night I noticed it on Netflix. I didn't realize Paul Stamets was involved with it until during the documentary. I was familiar with him for many years. Pretty crazy story going from a terrible stuttering problem to fixed overnight. Miraculously they can have a similar effect for alcoholics, which I will readily attest to.
what effect on alcoholics? Curious on what your talking about.

· Registered
3,783 Posts
what effect on alcoholics? Curious on what your talking about.
There are an increasing number of studies pointing to the effectiveness of psychedelic use in treating alcoholics. Basically they can be a 'reset' for some people who have developed a mental obsession with alcohol. Of course big pharma doesn't want that to be known, so it will be an uphill battle to get them legalized. They also aren't a fool proof fix or cure all. However, coupled with the right setting and support, before, after and during use, they are proving to be highly effective in up to 50% of people (as in complete abstinence from alcohol use). For some people, myself included, the effect can be immediate and profound. I haven't had a drink, or a desire to drink, since Nov. 2010 and was previously a daily drinker. Their effectiveness is for more than just alcoholics, addiction of any type, depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. are all proving to be reduced or eliminated with the proper psychedelic therapy.

ALL IS MIND.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.