Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She tried her darndest to stop us. She failed.:evil: Ha Ha!! Me and the kids headed up friday morning. We're crusin down 55 and it's a white out. I look at my son and his face is starting to show disappointment. I said to him, "Rob, don't let this weather disappoint you. You will catch fish". He just looked at me,gave me a little grin and replies, I know you'll find me fish Mom. His sister pipes up and says, "see, I told you this river will kill you, it's already trying and we aren't even there yet".:rant: :lol:

We arrive at the coffer and my daughters first cast is a loud CRACK!!!!! and the top 1/2 of the noodle rod goes flying. She let's out an OH S(*T. I couldn't help but chuckle. She reels it in and it broke where it connects. Whatever, here use moms and later we'll get your other rod. She didn't last too long before she wanted to warm up. So up the stairs she went. Fortunatley, it wasn't long and Rob got hook up and it was gone. At the end of friday he went 2 for 9. He was a happy camper. He just wished the others weren't lined and could have landed them. One he landed was a 10lb male with big fat rosey red cheeks. He was very happy about that one. Even made me stop at Pappy's to weigh him. Saturday was alot slower and the water temp dropped. Sunday however, it was better but, not as good as friday was. Sunday he went 2 for 5. So, I guess going 4 for 14 on your first trip to Tippy isn't too bad. My daughter did get to fight a couple I hooked her up with. However, she didn't get them landed. She didn't mind much, she just loves being up north and she was in heaven, well, at least when she didn't have to do the stairs. :lol:

All in all, and despite mother nature and her attitude, we had a great weekend, laughed alot and made some great memeories.

Oh yeah, I did manage to land one female. She was the only one that chomped my bait. :D

Did I mention it snowed.....and snowed.....and snowed some more?

1cast, next time you come all the way down those stairs to say hello, you should at least bring a rod with ya. You know, make it worth the trip.:lol:
It was nice to see you again. :)

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Good story and a great excuse to get outside and experience nature. Sounds like you all had a great time in spite of it. Me too!

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sampsons_owner said:
What no pictures this time? Glad to hear you had a good Easter with the kids RL.
We had a blast Sampson_owner. Yes, I have pics. Disposable camera though. Don't have them developed yet. Sorry.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It was very nice to meet you river lady, like seeing a celebrity up there this weekend. The weather was brutal. Me and the guys I was with, were the only people out there friday night - saturday morning, at dark about 1:00am till 4:00am walked up the stairs with 6 between us.

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dgi302 said:
It was very nice to meet you river lady, like seeing a celebrity up there this weekend. The weather was brutal. Me and the guys I was with, were the only people out there friday night - saturday morning, at dark about 1:00am till 4:00am walked up the stairs with 6 between us.

dgj302, it was also nice to meet you. But you don't even know the grief you just caused me with your "Celelbrity" statement. If Ron Matthews see's this, which he probably will. I will never hear the end of it. :lol:

Yeah, you were looking pretty rough saturday morning sitting on that log.:dizzy:
Glad to hear you guys got into some.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I think I have contributed to the delinquency of a mother, Oh well-just another spouse not a fan of Ron Matthews!
It's not Me, it's that damn MANISTEE This is how it gets started,Ron Ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron,....:sick:

HEY SUPERSTAR-get my message on your machine? I knew you'd go:lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I knew this guy that went thru a twelve step program that must have de-chromed him, cause I don't hear anything about him anymore. I could get the number? And if the "sage" comes up missing call me I'll know who's got it.

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ron Matthews said:
I think I have contributed to the delinquency of a mother, Oh well-just another spouse not a fan of Ron Matthews!
It's not Me, it's that damn MANISTEE This is how it gets started,Ron Ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron ron,....:sick:

HEY SUPERSTAR-get my message on your machine? I knew you'd go:lol:

Ahhh...no.:rolleyes: I hope you didn't need a ride or anything. Where were you this weekend?

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ron Matthews said:
I knew this guy that went thru a twelve step program that must have de-chromed him, cause I don't hear anything about him anymore. I could get the number? And if the "sage" comes up missing call me I'll know who's got it.

:lol: :lol: I don't have a a a a a a a problem. No I do not want to be de chromed. What's wrong with having chrome run through your veins? huh?
HOT SHOT?

Ron Matthews worte: hey if I sent you an unopened hot n tot in the package could you sign it for me?

Well, I guess I could but, only one. After that it will cost you big.;)

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ron Matthews said:
I learned a long time ago when it's n.w. they mean it.

We didn't have any problems, took the truck and it was all good and well worth it. It was georgous. But, a bit too windy.

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ron Matthews said:
I might better get my date in NOW for our next trip, before you get too famous and I can't fit "all that" in the boat.
Umm...let's see. I believe I can fit you in right around the beginning of June:evil: ;)

It's your turn to bruise your knees in the "Dam" boat. :lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
RIVER LADY said:
[/b]

Ahhh...no.:rolleyes: I hope you didn't need a ride or anything. Where were you this weekend?
I tend to shy away in april, There's alot better months to fish than april. kinda like october really. Just remember our late spring fling last year:)

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and Ron, I finally got that dang skein loop knot down. Turned Rob onto it saturday. He gave me the funniest look. Then complained, "my eggs are gone" I smile and told him to keep fishing. Next cast, Booyah baby.

He's a believer.:D

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ron Matthews said:
I tend to shy away in april, There's alot better months to fish than april. kinda like october really. Just remember our late spring fling last year:)
Ah yeah, I still have an indent on my knee.:dizzy: :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts