Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not new to hunting yotes, but allways went with a buddy who was in to it, and he has since passed...so im doing it on my own now...i basically did it to help him out...he mouth called..which he was a pro at..i dont have the time to spend to learn, nor do i really want to...my question is how do the electronic calls work...was looking at the primos alpha dog...also can you shoot yotes on just the small game license or do you have to have the fur harvesters...ive allways bought one, just to help my buddy collect more furs..i got his traps, and calls..i may get into trapping eventually when i have more time...but most likely not this year..just want to shoot a few yotes around my hunting area on state land...seems like they decided to move in on my turf this year

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Coyotes can be taken with small game license,but fox,cats ect..would be off limits without the fur harvesters license.As far as the e-callers,fox-pro makes many models at diffent price ranges and have a good reputation.Disstress type mouth calls are really not hard to use,and take little to allmost no pratice.Your "set-up" and approach to your stand are FAR more important than the sound coming out of your call.

·
Banned
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
luckily i had an opportunity to learn from a good friend who was allways in the 75 to 100 plus dog range every year...but he was totally against electronic calls...i learned some nice stand tec from him, and we allways got atleast one....but i havent chased them for awhile...looking to do some with my son this year...i may set a line, not sure if i want to or not

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts