Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called a budy tonight to invite him on a duck hunt tomorrow.
Plan was to get up at 4:00 leave at 4:15 drag the boat a mile back to the only productive pond I have found this year and finish setting the decoys before shooting light.
So he says yeah I would love to go. I give him the plan and he says. Well that sounds fine or we could go the the PRIVATE pond I just got access to that has not be hunted in years. Its had birds on it ever time he has been near it bow hunting.
WOHOO !!!
Geting up at 5:00 meeting at 5:15 now so a private lake holding ducks and more sleep. I love it.
:D

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well with the slight haze this morning shooting time came and went and we had not fired a shot. They started landing in out decoys. :D

We had a great time and the first hour was great. bird after bird came in and my buddy got 3 drake malards.

unfortanatly the boat was setup the best for where they were coming in from so my budy had great crossing shots and all I was left with was the fleeing shots. I didnt drop a bird all moring but I did get alot of shooting in. Guess I just wasnt on my game today.
My friend did let two flights come in just for me but I couldnt connect on those either. :mad:

Ah well still a great morning.

Side not was we went out in the evening but all we saw were geese, one flock landed on the pond.. no ducks though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts