Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well locked down a field saturday night. got there this mornin and 10min. before shootin hrs. I find out that someone else has had permission and has been hunting it since the 2nd of sept. When I talked to one of the property owners she said no one was hunting it. he didnt shoot anything till today. Once the birds would circle around the back side of us(they were workin really wide this morning) he would open up on them. He got a triple on one flock(didnt no ole boy had it in 'em). heard some honks comin from the right. look over and there is one of his cripples walkin outside of our spread....oh wait i hear yet another goose, look over my shoulder and i never seen a honker runnin so fast in my life. it was headed right for our spread. the third one was a good 300 yards behind us just honkin away. took him about 5 min to walk up on it and finish it. deff setting up on the other side of the field....even if i decided to head back to it. I would have offered him to hunt with us my my extra blind was in use. all in all we scratched 3 this morning.

Seems like alot of people are gettin Pimped this season.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
kinda sucks to keep hearing this....

I appreciate landowners letting us on the land, but if the landowner gets crazy and lets mutiple parties hunt the same fields, it doesnt always end up as pretty

·
Registered
409 Posts
We had same thing this past sat. The other group didnt want to hunt togather. The field was big enough and they agreed to respect each others bird that were working. That was short lived! We scouted and set up on the "x" shot the first two groups. Had 75+ working us, thats when they thought 80 yard shots were the ticket for them. They had permission just like us, so what can you do. We ended up with 16 and them 2. Managed properly with out the skybusting that field might still have been good for another good hunt. Some people just dont get it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts