Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done well on a yellow back colore bomber for walleye?Bomber made a yellow back prisim with an orange belly for a while but its no longer made.I have used it quite a few times but with no success.I was fishing with a bud the other night who said its not one of his best colors either.Im just wondering about others feed back on this color for walleye.
Aaron

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow you guys your being tight lipped about this,almost 20 people veiw and have nothing good or bad to say about yellow colored lures.

·
Registered
901 Posts
For Walleye on Erie
I can't say that I've tried yellow

Seems Purple is a always a good color
For reef runners my top 5 colors are
Wild thing, Erie, Grey Ghost, Perch and Glowby

Not sure if that helps

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ed. I use yellow with a red stripe rouser and yellow,black,red rouser and do well pulling wire. My best stubby is a yellow with green stripes make by Ed Miller.
And yes they get soft mouth and SOME have red gums like the last 41 years I've been fishing them. When the water warms up and the dam small mouth start hitting your plugs you know it's soft mouth time.

lou

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
I have a yellow back bomber jointed magnum long A I picked up on a clearance sale years ago. Never even got it wet.
Come to think of it I have a lot of lures like that.:dizzy::help:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I know the bomber your talking about but I've only seen a few of them. I saw a guy using one off the wall at Pine Grove and he caught a 12lb walleye on it. I think it was in early March back in 03.

I've had lures that were killer off the wall one year nothing on them since. I used to slam the walleye on glow bombers now it's a rare occasion if I cacth anyting on them.

I've also caught alot of fish sporaticaly on the black/orange/gold prism. I've had nights on the wall where I got my limit on them and nobody else caught squat. They don't work all the time but when the fish are hitting them the bite is on for that color.

The purple prism is my go to lure. I've caught everything on that pattern all times of the year.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Sometimes some of the oddest colors are the ones that catch the most fish. Myself, I like the flashiest, brightest baits I can find. Wheather it be super bright flourescent paints, Glows prisms, glitters, whatever. That is just me, that is what I have confidence in. If you are not having good luck with it, It may not be the color itself, maybe it is just not presenting itself correctly in the water. Sometimes with walleye off a wall, TIME is more important that anything. You have to be there when the fish are there. If people are catching fish and you are not, try something else. Take off the bomber and put on a shad rap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts