Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I take an old buddy that I used to work with that I haven't seen in 20 years to the Trenton Channel yesterday.

Stop at Trenton Lighthouse, out of minnows! She got cleaned out on Sunday, delivery was expected "sometime soon" I should have tried the Bait and Tackle box, she said she had heard they were out too so I said heck with it lets give this plastics only thing a try.

Well we did catch some, no where near our limit but we had a great time anyway!!

Here I am with a little guy. It was the first one, thats why I had that look on my face. Plastics work! I was thinking about you guys LOL
Water Sky Lake Fisherman Boat

·
Registered
556 Posts
Many of us are competitive with ourselves. It's always fun but hitting a goal is even better.
On Sunday I took my daughters out to go catch white bass after I did some jigging. I got 2 the first drift, 3 on the second and was really trying for that 6th until I heard "come on dad we want to catch some white bass." I swallowed my pride real quick and gave up on the limit to see the smiles on there faces catching fish after fish.

·
43,876 Posts
On Sunday I took my daughters out to go catch white bass after I did some jigging. I got 2 the first drift, 3 on the second and was really trying for that 6th until I heard "come on dad we want to catch some white bass." I swallowed my pride real quick and gave up on the limit to see the smiles on there faces catching fish after fish.
Atta boy! Definitely a good trade

·
Registered
556 Posts
My point was that there are a lot of fish to be caught in the river right now. Its a great time of the year to go catchin. Id imagine the panfish bite is good now too, I had gills and perch nipping at my swimbaits while bass fishin.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My point was that there are a lot of fish to be caught in the river right now. Its a great time of the year to go catchin. Id imagine the panfish bite is good now too, I had gills and perch nipping at my swimbaits while bass fishin.
yeah I know there are fish everywhere. My boat drifted away from the dock so I walked on the backs of them to retrive it. Just wanted to share my little plastics story, thats all.

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
So I take an old buddy that I used to work with that I haven't seen in 20 years to the Trenton Channel yesterday.

Stop at Trenton Lighthouse, out of minnows! She got cleaned out on Sunday, delivery was expected "sometime soon" I should have tried the Bait and Tackle box, she said she had heard they were out too so I said heck with it lets give this plastics only thing a try.

Well we did catch some, no where near our limit but we had a great time anyway!!

Here I am with a little guy. It was the first one, thats why I had that look on my face. Plastics work! I was thinking about you guys LOL View attachment 831194
never use minnows anymore when water temp is above 35

1 - 20 of 20 Posts