Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I've been on this site for about a month or two however not new to fishing. I've fished the majority of lakes in southeastern Michigan and I know there's a lot of lines that get tossed in the Clinton every year. Yesterday was one of my first times out on the Clinton (dodge park) and spent a few hours going downstream then back up with no success. Was going for pike I've heard there's a decent amount in this river. I've never fished Yates before or the dam near Yates and was wondering is this a good time of year for that part of the river? If not for pike what should I target or what bait should I use. I have tackle for majority of the species we have here so any advice/input would be greatly appriciated. PMs welcomed and encouraged thanks in advance to anybody that helps out. I've asked a few questions on this site and I've gotten nothing but very helpful responses and people even going above and beyond which is rare these days. I'm on a few forums and let me tell you that you guys are a great bunch true sport mans at hand! Good luck and tight lines to everybody!!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
When I lived in Rochester, I would fish it in the spring, but not the summer..... Pretty decent fishery @ that time of year, but you have to pay your dues.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yah pike are good in the spring especially lower river. There should be bass in there now though. Use small crankbaits or tubes fished in deeper hole or near timber. Some good areas around 23 and Ryan. Also the north branch for bass near wolcott mill metro park has been good for me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
For pike I've done ok in the spring with shallow running cranks throw in front of log jams left it drift to it then start winding in so the lure swings underneath it. In the spring it's combat fishing at Yates for steelies and suckers. your best bet then is to walk a 1/4 down stream or more, significantly less people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts