Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I see a lot of "what bow should I shoot" threads. The usual suspects are always mentioned, and all companies flagship offerings are very good options IMO.
Recently a friend of mine opened an archery shop in Freeport. I have agreed to help him out when I can, and this is when I discovered Xpadition bows out of South Dakota. All I can say is if anyone is in the market for a new bow, consider the Xpadition line of bows. I was blown away when I shot the Xcentric, which is a 6" brace that ibo's @ 354fps. Look, feel, finish, draw cycle, solid back wall, zero creep, ect. these rank up there with anything I've seen to date. I currently shoot an Elite, but I promise you I will be shooting an Xpadition next year. Check them out...

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I will be selling my Mathews DXT after bow season and Xpedition is the #1 bow on my radar to replace it. Just hard because there aren't many dealers here in Michigan. I've heard they will blow you away. I actually have an Xcentric on the way to my house from a dealer to test shoot. Cannot wait to try it out. Should be here this week.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be ordering mine soon. I'm leaning towards the Xcentric in 60#

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I will be ordering mine soon. I'm leaning towards the Xcentric in 60#
You won't be disappointed. At all. I've shot a lot of bows from many manufacturers, the Xpedition I shot topped every single one of them. Their new single cam, the Xception, looks awesome too. The only review I've heard on it was very good too. I'll either be getting an Xcentric or X7SD.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I will be selling my Mathews DXT after bow season and Xpedition is the #1 bow on my radar to replace it. Just hard because there aren't many dealers here in Michigan. I've heard they will blow you away. I actually have an Xcentric on the way to my house from a dealer to test shoot. Cannot wait to try it out. Should be here this week.
You said you were able to test shoot the bow as it was sent from a dealer? How did you go about doing that, I'm interested in shooting the Xcentric as well but like it was mentioned, its hard to find a dealer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You said you were able to test shoot the bow as it was sent from a dealer? How did you go about doing that, I'm interested in shooting the Xcentric as well but like it was mentioned, its hard to find a dealer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Where are you located? I know dealer in Freeport.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Gaylord area. Jays Sporting goods is not dealing them. I see that Franks in Linwood has them. I'll have to stop in before or after a fishing trip to the bay.
I think you'll be happy you did. I'd put this bow up against any 2015 model. I think the only thing they changed on the Xcentric is the strings and they offer a 7 1/4" brace height single cam option called the Xception for 2016.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
7 1/4" brace height??? What is this the 80's???

Just jokin, if I get a chance I want to shoot one to see what the hype is all about!

Reactions: fish_AK

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I met a dealer on Archery Talk that sent me an Xcentric to test shoot. Actually 2 of them.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The Gaylord area. Jays Sporting goods is not dealing them. I see that Franks in Linwood has them. I'll have to stop in before or after a fishing trip to the bay.
Franks does NOT sell them. I called already a couple months ago. I'm thinking Xpedition lists them as a dealer because they probably had someone do the tryout program they offer through Franks. Just my guess, but they are not a "dealer".

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
7 1/4" brace height....yet theyre still getting 328 IBO out of that. Sometimes MORE from what I have been reading.
Sounds good! I wil be by Franks a couple times this wknd, I will have to stop by and see if they have any.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Sounds good! I wil be by Franks a couple times this wknd, I will have to stop by and see if they have any.
Franks doesnt sell them even though Xpedition's Dealer list says they do. I've already called. They almost sounded like they've never even heard of them.

If you want to try one, PM me and I can give you info on a dealer here in MI that is the biggest Xpedition dealer in the state and the guy that owns the shop knows Xpedition bows like the back of his hand.

·
Administrator
17,585 Posts
Wow!~ The Xception looks like a bow that I could definitely be interested in. I stopped by their website. If you hit the "find a dealer tab" and select Michigan, it lists potential locations with phone numbers.
<----<<<

·
Administrator
17,585 Posts
It still IBOs at 328...that's what makes it the Xception :cool:
I'd love to shoot this at about 60 pounds, with 2213's or 2215 aluminum arrows and Thunderhead 100's! Could probably knock down trees! :lol:
<----<<<

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd love to shoot this at about 60 pounds, with 2213's or 2215 aluminum arrows and Thunderhead 100's! Could probably knock down trees! :lol:
<----<<<
Better yet, you could shoot a 60# Xcentric (354 IBO) or Xcentric7 (344 IBO). Think of the KE you'd gain with one of those shooting the same arrows!! ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts