Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, anyone know if the skimmer transducer if mounted on something to make it sit straight through the ice will work just as good as the ice ducer. they are the same thing just different shape right? Just trying to figure out if I have to get the ice machine kit or if I can just get the boat kit for 120 bucks cheaper...Thanks Fly Water

·
Registered
230 Posts
I guess the only difference between the two types of transducers is the shape and the type of cable attaching them. The boat type are shaped to glide through the water better. The iceducers are shaped to nicely point straight down and the cable is really flexible and rubbery allowing the transducer to hang. Many people just attach a dowel rod to keep the transducer straight. I saw another thread with quite a discussion about it here. http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267427

·
Registered
171 Posts
Regular transducers will work just fine, I fished for years with an old style humminbird flasher and regular transducer, caughts thousands of fish over it. Biggest issue with the regular transducer was getting it level. The regular ice transducers hang so nice and level below the float without much hassel.

That being said keeping to a budget the otehr style will do just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts