Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try setting it into a bucket? I like to put mine in a bucket for safe keeping when traveling but found it doesnt fit in the buckets I have. Do I need to find a wider bucket or dont waste my time?

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I thought that one of the selling points was that it was supposed to fit inside a 5-gallon bucket.

As soon as mine arrived I found out this wasn't true. :(

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Fits real fine in a 6 gallon bucket. But that's all I use....ain't used a 5 gallon bucket in years.......

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need details on where these buckets are from that the bag fits in. I dont want to end up with 50 buckets. :lol:

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
I got all mine at Sams Club.........snow/ice melt comes in the 6 gallon white buckets........tad expensive but really great product......crap a year ago or so I gave away 5 or 6 of the empty buckets.......should of sold them.:dizzy:

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
Fits real fine in a 6 gallon bucket. But that's all I use....ain't used a 5 gallon bucket in years.......
Got any more spare 6 gallons Dan??
One of the ones you gave me cracked in the bottom...
They are the sH!zN!T....

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Robert I will save the next 6 gal bucket for you should have some empty in the next week or two
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
Nope....have just one left but that's full of salt.....
So go DUMP it in the driveway!!!

:lol:

Robert I will save the next 6 gal bucket for you should have some empty in the next week or two
Posted via Mobile Device
That would be good Nick...
Of course I will only be able to use it in the next few weeks or so by the looks of it!
:gaga:

·
Registered
732 Posts
I know that people have asked this on the forums before but, I have icefished my whole life without electronics and want to step into some is the x67c what I'm looking for? I Fish crappie perch, and occasionally Saginaw for walleye. Is it a good unit or should I save and get the vex. I always see you guys on here and I respect your expierence. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
I know that people have asked this on the forums before but, I have icefished my whole life without electronics and want to step into some is the x67c what I'm looking for? I Fish crappie perch, and occasionally Saginaw for walleye. Is it a good unit or should I save and get the vex. I always see you guys on here and I respect your expierence. Thanks for your input.

I sold my FL18 vex and bought a new X67c two years ago........best move I ever made..........can't say enough about them.......well worth the money in my opinion........

·
Registered
732 Posts
Thanks guys! From what I've read the gps was a different model that is now discontinued, I don't like buying used electronics after some guy sold me a polarvision that worked twice and now dosent. Can you still find the gps model because that would definetly be what I bought

·
Registered
564 Posts
I wonder if all 5 gal buckets are created equal?
As a very general matter, the inside dimensions at top & bottom of all 5 gallon buckets are the same. But, there is a slight variation in all of them because different moulds, etc., are used. It is, after all just a bucket, so mfr's don't apply the same tolerances to achieve uniformity as, say, the various mfr's of 30-06 bullets.

Again as a very general matter, a 6 gallon bucket has the same inside dimensions at top & bottom as a 5 gallon bucket; the extra gallon is gained simply because the bucket is a little taller.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts