1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
I don't know what you're looking to spend. But if you don't find a decent used one, Sears is having a 20% off all lawn and garden equipment today only. Here's one that looks like it will fit the bill and only $240. That's not too bad for a new mower. I was in the Sears at Avon and Rochester the other day and they had them for as low as $179 I think. But they were pretty basic and not self propelled. This one for $240 has the self propelled feature.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07137665000&cat=Lawn+Mowers&subcat=Rear+Bag+Mowers

Hope ya find one that will work.

John

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John. I was fishing this afternoon and didn't see this until just now.
Bummer.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Due51 said:
Thanks John. I was fishing this afternoon and didn't see this until just now.
Bummer.
You might want to check with Sears anyway. I was in there two or three days ago and I know that I saw several mowers with big sale tags on them. Even thought their "One Day Only" sale was today, I'm sure there there's almost always something on sale at Sears. It's worth a shot!

Take care

John

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
No matter "where" you buy, I'd recommend Honda Power. I had a Sears with Brigs & Stratton power for 2 years. I treated it with kid gloves, making sure it was well maintained etc and it literally fell apart. The engine wouldn't start easily...like 5-10 pulls EVERY TIME HOT or COLD, it smoked like I was fogging. I ran AmsOil in it. The handle bolts/knobs would never stay tight, the wheels started cambering in so badly you'd think I mowed 20 years with it and I rarely used maybe 4 times a summer. I got a Troybilt from Lowes with a Honda Power plant, much quieter, starts on no more than 2 pulls and it's height adjustment is one simple lever.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone sent me an email and I've responded to it this morning. I don't know who the member is that sent it, though.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I've got a briggs and stratton 3.5 hp. Ran well today. I want to make sure it starts right up tomorrow before I advertise it for sale :)

Price will be around $40 I imagine.

It is not self propelled. I dont have one of those working yet...or at least not that the wife will allow me to sell (go figure, she doesn't like manual lawnmowers).

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well, if anyone in the belleville area needs a lawnmower, PM me. I'm up to 8 of them repaired now. Still no self propelled, but I've got a couple of baggers...priced in the 30-50 range for all of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts