Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a band saw. I prefer atleast a 12" but would like a 14" and a larger type belt sander to do some wood working.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I picked up a Rigid 14" on clearance at HD a few weeks ago for under $250. I know HD's are clearancing out all the old model Rigid's and you can find some good deals if they have any left..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Have you had a chance to cut with it yet? If so what do you think?

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
That's a good price on the Ridgid
I bought a Central Machinery 14" just under $200.oo It's basically the same as the Ridgid with a 1hp.
It's important to keep the sawdust off the motors on the cheaper brand bandsaws.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
When you guys say 14" does that mean it will cut through something 14 " tall? I am also looking for a bandsaw to cut through 12" thick flotation billets. This is what I use for my fish forms I carve. Thanks.

DZ

·
Registered
454 Posts
I use a Delta, an antique that came with a riser block. I can cut through 12 " thick material and it has a 14" throat. It sounds like what you need. No...mine is not for sale. :)

Wayne

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Dan
The 14" bandsaws cut a height of 6"
You can buy 6" riser blocks to get the 12"s you need.
So you would cut a 12"x14" block with that setup.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would only look for a delta or Old rockwell if you need a riser block to cut 12 plus thick wood or foam. Also parts are still available for all models ,thru delta. I know I have a 1959 14' rockwell that my wife has order part for and a 1956 rockwell jointer that we got parts for With no problems . no sob story that this thing is to old for parts and suport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts