Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Andrew, just joined the site after looking around for awhile.
I Picked up a Wired Haired Pointer from a breeder back in June and planned on hunting her.
She has basic obedience (Sit, Come, down, etc.) and does fairly well off lead in the field. I'm looking for a good training program for Pheasant hunting.
She is 5 months of age, loves the outdoors and is currently working on swimming (wades in water up to stomach)

This is my first pointer so perhaps it would be best to go to a trainer that trains me to train my dog; I'm unsure?
If having her sent off is best, then that could be an option as well.
Besides which route I choose to go, I'd also like to know who you have had a good experience with as a bird dog trainer.
My location is SE Michigan (Wayne County) somewhere close is a plus but not a deciding factor.

Also if there is any other things that I should know, please inform me.

Thank you,
Andrew

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
What training help does your breeder offer?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello, I'm Andrew, just joined the site after looking around for awhile.
I Picked up a Wired Haired Pointer from a breeder back in June and planned on hunting her.
She has basic obedience (Sit, Come, down, etc.) and does fairly well off lead in the field. I'm looking for a good training program for Pheasant hunting.
She is 5 months of age, loves the outdoors and is currently working on swimming (wades in water up to stomach)

This is my first pointer so perhaps it would be best to go to a trainer that trains me to train my dog; I'm unsure?
If having her sent off is best, then that could be an option as well.
Besides which route I choose to go, I'd also like to know who you have had a good experience with as a bird dog trainer.
My location is SE Michigan (Wayne County) somewhere close is a plus but not a deciding factor.

Also if there is any other things that I should know, please inform me.

Thank you,
Andrew
Try Charlie Linblade
www.michiganwingshooter.com
He had my dog for 2 weeks and did a great job. This was the first dog I have ever had trained by someone else. It was worth it. He is just north of Ann Arbor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts