Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing Report: 4 bow and 1 pick 5 miles East (yellow can), 2 limits of bow (25 more caught and released) 2nd set of windmills 68ft, 5/12 bow 62ft windmills, 2 limits of bows (caught and released 5 more) East 6 miles 65ft, 10/18 bow 10 miles East 65ft, 11 bow and 1 pick 9-10 miles East 65ft, 4 bow 10 miles East 65ft, 3 bow East 60ft, % bow and 4 pick 10 miles East 65-68ft.

Duplicate sorry
Skinner

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
here is my two cent, Wheatley is 26 miles shorter from the bridge but going 80 kph while 401 is 100 kph. So time wise Wheatley is 19 minutes shorter based on Google map. secondly, boat ramp is junk, you scrape your boat if you do not have bumpers and when you come back alone, there is nothing to grab to, piece of ??$$. Finally, in my expert opinion, lol, the probability of a bust fishing is lot more at Wheatley. This is first good report for a week, may be it is hoax and they want more $12 boat ramp fee. At Erieau, Bows have been at 9 miles east for a week. I hate to encourage all you guys to go to Erieau and catch MY bows but it is a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
How can you catch and release steelhead? When we used to fish over there, 90% of them were bleeding and if they did happen to come unhooked they floated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
here is my two cent, Wheatley is 26 miles shorter from the bridge but going 80 kph while 401 is 100 kph. So time wise Wheatley is 19 minutes shorter based on Google map. secondly, boat ramp is junk, you scrape your boat if you do not have bumpers and when you come back alone, there is nothing to grab to, piece of ??$$. Finally, in my expert opinion, lol, the probability of a bust fishing is lot more at Wheatley. This is first good report for a week, may be it is hoax and they want more $12 boat ramp fee. At Erieau, Bows have been at 9 miles east for a week. I hate to encourage all you guys to go to Erieau and catch MY bows but it is a no brainer to me.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR BOWS!! SEE YOU AT 630AM

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
How can you catch and release steelhead? When we used to fish over there, 90% of them were bleeding and if they did happen to come unhooked they floated.
you are absolutely correct. I learned that first hand and do not do it any more. I am trying now to catch and kill sheeps and silver bass and that is not working either. I do not think they need water to live. LOL how do you insert smilies??

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have been wondering the same exact thing since I read those reports. Sounds like lots of floaters to me!!

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Just checked forecast in five different sites and all liars say the same thing, S or SE wind about 5 mph. They were very wrong yesterday. see what happens tomorrow. hate east wind but good for driving back to the ramp.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If the boat is stopped the fish come in with less stress. If carefully unhooked & revived they would have a fair survival chance, especially if left in the water. You are right in that some are too badly hurt to consider reviving. I haven't done it in a while, haven't fished enough.

·
Registered
8,171 Posts
2 words...no junk in Erieau right now.
Anything West of Erieau to Wheatley was a big ole silver/sheep farm last week and I highly doubt its changed.
Wheat harbor never reports crap fish for a reason.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
well fish are still where I left them yesterday fsamie. but poor hook % today 5/10 no eyes couple silvers and one farm animal stopped at 10 this morn beautiful day today

1 - 14 of 14 Posts