Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
I read that in the local paper yesterday. Pretty awesome. It's about a 3 hour drive for me to go steelheading there. I think I might have to make the drive!;)

·
Registered
13,507 Posts
That is one mutant-looking Rainbow! It looks like some of the "Croakers" I've seen pictures of, which originated in farming operations. They are fed enormous amounts of food, and have that same body shape. The World Record Rainbow was a Croaker.

A lot of anglers disagree with allowing fish that originated in farming operations to be considered as World Records. Here is an article about the current World Record Rainbow. The guy who caught it, and his Brother, specialize in catching giant Croakers. You can do a google search, and read a LOT about them.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...009/09/new-pending-all-tackle-world-record-ra

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would take a 15 pound Michigan Fall run Little Manistee strain steelhead any day over that thing...

Butterball...

Cool catch, but I doubt it was anything spectacular fight wise, look how small its tail is...

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think it is a wild fish, as the adipose fin hadn't been clipped. I could be wrong though, that is just what I got after reading the article.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Make no mistake, clipping operations DO MISS FISH. That fish was released into the river on purppose from a local pond. No question about it...

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Wow big rainbow for sure...It looks to me as if the Fiat in the super-bowl commercial wasnt the only thing that got a blue pill LOL !

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Wow! What a pig! Thanks for the link, toto

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
That thing had the feed bag on!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts