Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Michigan beat up on a pretty good Purdue team on the road tonight 70-53. Just a few days after manhandling Maryland 87-63.

I think I am a believer. And with Franz Wagner not having the anticipated blow up year.....I am starting to dream that we get him back next year.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Michigan beat up on a pretty good Purdue team on the road tonight 70-53. Just a few days after manhandling Maryland 87-63.

I think I am a believer. And with Franz Wagner not having the anticipated blow up year.....I am starting to dream that we get him back next year.
Franz is playing awesome. Hitting clutch shots and staying within the offense. His defense has improved drastically. He’s a very tough defender with his size, and now he has the skill and determination to match it. His rebounding has been good as well as his passing. These things do not go unnoticed by NBA scouts. It’s more than stats. It’ll be a miracle if he’s in a Michigan uniform next year.

·
Administrator
26,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Yup another good win over a pretty decent team. Hold Purdue to 53 is really good defense. Only down thing is that they still had too many turnovers. Got to cut them down.

·
Premium Member
9,588 Posts
Looks like they’re on a 2 week “halt” because of the new Covid strain found in Washtenaw county. Bummer

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks like they’re on a 2 week “halt” because of the new Covid strain found in Washtenaw county. Bummer
This just plain stinks for the Michigan basketball team. They’re playing at a top level. They can’t even practice for those 2 weeks. Talk about a momentum killer. Supposedly there are 22 cases in the athletic department. Not sure if any of them are even basketball related. Plus the women’s team is 10-1. Highest ever ranking for them. Terrible.

·
Premium Member
9,588 Posts
This just plain stinks for the Michigan basketball team. They’re playing at a top level. They can’t even practice for those 2 weeks. Talk about a momentum killer. Supposedly there are 22 cases in the athletic department. Not sure if any of them are even basketball related. Plus the women’s team is 10-1. Highest ever ranking for them. Terrible.
Yep it definitely sucks!!! Like you said big momentum killer.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Figures, we finally have a team to get excited about, if even a little bit, and this happens. Next thing ya know they'll trade Stafford.....wait, what did I say?

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
I'm thinking that case count is a lot smaller that what it actually is. Back in the fall they never told us how many cases they had with the football program other than more than 7.5% of a total of 170 around the program, which is at least 13 cases. The real number was probably over 20. If that only shut down the football team, why shut down the whole athletic program now?

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Big Ten is considering having Michigan make up enough games to get to 20 total. That would require 11 games in 22 days. That’s one of the most absurd things I’ve ever heard in college basketball. The NBA doesn’t even do that. I guess we’ll find out if their primary concern is for the “student-athlete” or their bank account. Don’t wager any money on them doing the right thing.

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
The Big Ten is considering having Michigan make up enough games to get to 20 total. That would require 11 games in 22 days. That’s one of the most absurd things I’ve ever heard in college basketball. The NBA doesn’t even do that. I guess we’ll find out if their primary concern is for the “student-athlete” or their bank account. Don’t wager any money on them doing the right thing.
They aren’t 30 year old men playing an 82 games season plus a ton of playoff games. In normal years, the practices these kids have every non-game day are more tiring than playing a game. Back in the old days if they were having to take a bus everywhere, the travel would be insane, but they fly everywhere now.

·
Premium Member
9,219 Posts
I hope they back off that. Just like when football had to cancel a bunch of games. They rewrote the rules then so why not do it again Not normal times which require different rules.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
They aren’t 30 year old men playing an 82 games season plus a ton of playoff games. In normal years, the practices these kids have every non-game day are more tiring than playing a game. Back in the old days if they were having to take a bus everywhere, the travel would be insane, but they fly everywhere now.
Except they are supposed to be students.....not professionals.

Of course we all know they aren't really students.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well in the old days they only played 2 games per week, Thursday night and Saturday. Not a game every other day. No 9 pm games on a Monday or Tuesday night on the road when they had an 8 am class the next morning. Yes, some of their practices were brutal, but not on the day before a game. Those are usually light practices with walk throughs and shoot arounds so the players have legs on game day. If you have a game every other day there is no time for practice. And there’s definitely no time for class and especially no time for studying. Like I said, we’ll see if the NCAA views them as students or just another medium to make money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Howard has his team playing great defense. A final 8 team for sure . Time will tell how they do against Ohio State? there only upset loss to MSU . That is a long long shot .

·
Premium Member
9,219 Posts
Shook the rust off and pulled it out. Good win after being off for so long Go blue

·
Administrator
26,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Howard has his team playing great defense. A final 8 team for sure . Time will tell how they do against Ohio State? there only upset loss to MSU . That is a long long shot .
Yeah that game will tell a whole lot. Ohio has been looking good lately. Second half against Wisc. was great after a lackluster first half. Also got Ill., and Iowa coming up too. One loss in those 3 games would not be devastating, but 3 wins would be fantastic for them.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts