Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
26,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far they are better than I expected to be. 10-0 and 5-0 in the big ten. Thought games with NW and Minn. would be much closer. They don't look to be world beaters but do keep on winning. Most any team can beat anyone else at any time.

Hunter Dickenson looks impressive. Hans Wagner looks to be asserting himself lately. As a team they seemed to be well balanced. Time will tell once they meet Iowa and Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
9,588 Posts
I haven’t watched a game yet unfortunately. I’ll check out the Wisconsin game and see how they go against them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
This team has potential. They’re long and now are playing defense with the effort they did when Beilein was the coach. Smith isn’t as good as Simpson was but he’s doing a more than adequate job. If this team continues to play hard defensively and avoid key injuries and foul trouble, they could make a run.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Dickinson is playing like a senior. Refreshing to see a Michigan team winning. Go blue

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
They play Wisconsin tonight at 7:00 on ESPN. Think I'll watch.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Wow. In this game against #9 Wisconsin.....Michigan went on a 43-6 run. It was M 26-23, then M went on a 14-0 run to end the first half, and started the 2nd half on a 29-6 run to end up 69-29.

Okay then.

In the last game against #16 Minnesota......to begin the 2nd half, M was up 32-26, then went on a 39-8 run with Michigan up 71-34.

The prior game against #19 Northwestern......with the score at 34-29, Michigan went on a 38-14 run with Michigan up 72-43.

Against Maryland in the prior game to that.....with the score at 50-54, Michigan went on a 32-9 run with Michigan up 82-63.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
These young men are playing really well together. I thought Luke Yaklich had them playing good defense under Beilein but this group really gets after it. They are all very unselfish with the ball.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
The defense is spectacular.

Wisconsin could hardly inbound during that run.

Hope they can keep it up.

·
Premium Member
9,588 Posts
Great start, hopefully they continue to play well and COVID doesn’t screw up the season anymore than it already is.

·
Administrator
26,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had a hiccup on Sunday. Too many turn overs and shot very poorly. Sometimes that will happen to the best of teams.

Last nite vs. Maryland they looked to be back on course.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts