Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience using worm dirt as a form of manure on their food plots? I have some available and I'm wondering if it will be beneficial or if I should just try to find a dairy farmer or horse farmer who need to get rid of some crap. Only problem is that their aren't too many dairy farms in the northern lower.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Worm bedding would be great for your plots, along with any other organic matter. But unless you can get it by the truckload, it would take a long time to make a difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually buy it bagged by the pallet for my gardens it is so great. Only problem you might encounter is that you may need a chain saw to mow it by the time it gets done growing...:lol:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
If what you are reffering to is used worm dirt that is full of castings (poo) I would say go for it. The worm dirt I have made for a worm farmer in the past was just peat humus and sphagnum peat which would be an excellent soil amendment by itself. With the addition of the worm castings it would be even better than cow or horse manure IMO. The trick would be getting enough to make a difference.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. This guy is a big time worm farmer, so I'm thinking he has a lot of used worm dirt at his disposal. Any suggestions on figuring out how much to use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts