Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Picked up a new early Father’s Day gift for the deck project in embarking on

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
976 Posts
Nice saw, I think I saw HD was going to have a promo on those this quarter.

Here is a sled I built for cutting vinyl siding and aluminum soffit. For repetitive cuts I clamp a simple stop block and can stack multiple sheets. Much better than dragging a miter saw around.
IMG_8888.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Grandkids will keep you busy, below is a Pikler Triangle, small monkey bar for kids, it folds up when not being used, no bumps or bruises yet.
I've been a woodworker for 40 plus years, tackled many different projects

IMG_5958[1].JPG

This wagon I made when her mom was young

IMG_7049[1].PNG

IMG_7054[1].PNG

IMG_7052[1].PNG
Added climbing wall
IMG_5963[1].JPG

·
Registered
911 Posts
Great Thread. I'm just starting to make some things. I made a table for my blackstone griddle to sit on for the deck, built a headboard and refinished a table to use outdoors on the deck. I'll try to find some pics of them. My wife bought me a beginners carving set for Christmas. So I get to go down that road too.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
My current project, I've been working on and off for a while, only 3 more strips to close the bottom in. Guess the stimulas check will be used to by the cloth and epoxy pretty soon. I've been reading up on glassing techniques, kind of nervous in doing it, just as in any first time project. View attachment 523417 View attachment 523419
How's your canoe coming Along? Did you get it all finished?

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,435 Posts
Slow, but fun. Having to keep ordering stuff, cause I change my mind. Just as an example, that little red thread stop at the end of the fore grip needed to have such a small inside diameter (and I wanted aluminum to match handle) I found only in Korea. Came snail mail. LOL. Waiting on metalic silver thread to start tying. Thanks for asking!

20210109_153657.jpg

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Been working on a bar height table for the cabin, missing a lot of the specialties tools but doing my best with what I have. Started with a the slab,

IMG_5279.JPG

built a flatting sled,
IMG_5687.JPG

built the legs (after trial and error learning to weld)
IMG_6057.JPG

removed the bark, lots of sanding,
IMG_6070.JPG

Last coat of epoxy to fill the cracks. Next more sanding then apply finish and figure out a way to get it loaded and into the cabin.
IMG_6074.JPG

·
Registered
969 Posts
Nice!!! Any ideas how to incorporate the UP into them?
I've made U.P end tables to go with them if people want, and once made the arms the shape of the U.P but that turned out poorly as they were uncomfortable and didn't hold a beer well.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts