Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my base license several months ago for spring turkey and I did not get the woodcock stamp at the time. Now I'm trying to get it however it is not listed as an option when trying to buy an E-license. MDNR FAQ suggests that either I do not have the required prereqs or the selling period is closed. Neither of those are true though. So do I have to go to walmart and buy it in person or was I required to choose it at the time of purchasing my base license?

·
Registered
215 Posts
So I bought my base license several months ago for spring turkey and I did not get the woodcock stamp at the time. Now I'm trying to get it however it is not listed as an option when trying to buy an E-license. MDNR FAQ suggests that either I do not have the required prereqs or the selling period is closed. Neither of those are true though. So do I have to go to walmart and buy it in person or was I required to choose it at the time of purchasing my base license?
Got mine online with stamp earlier this year, I think you have to add it at check out. Someone can correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got mine online with stamp earlier this year, I think you have to add it at check out. Someone can correct me if im wrong
Well I just bought my base license over the counter when I was buying my turkey license, they never gave me the option to get the stamp so I kinda forgot about it.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried going to the page where you buy licenses and it wasn't under small game/base, waterfowl, pure MI hunt, or miscellaneous.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I tried going to the page where you buy licenses and it wasn't under small game/base, waterfowl, pure MI hunt, or just went to the site. Go to small game hit buy now than the woodcock and sharptail, options popup. Click what you want and Shazam woodcock on the frying pan

·
Registered
215 Posts
Go click on small game, than next screen will have woodcock and sharptail click on those and Shazam woodcock in the frying pan

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"No items available for the selected category"

I think I'm just going to go to Walmart and ask.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you get an actual stamp? The gal at the checkout asked me if I was going to hunt woodcock and I said yes but I didn't get anything other than my basic license that says "woodcock" on it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I bought my base license and a turkey stamp back in the spring OTC. Went back last week and ask them to print out a woodcock stamp for me. They asked for base license and drivers license. I was out of there in 5 minutes with my woodcock stamp.
Looking forward to getting out this weekend.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok cool. I'll just have to make a run to Walmart I guess.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad I read this thread. I had forgotten all about them. I also did not get offered the WC or Sharpie stamps when I bought my license.

When I logged into the license system, those were the first options listed.
That's weird. I think I remember printing it off last year but I just didn't have that option today when looking at the E-license.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the exact same problem it's not coming up under small game or base or waterfowl...I guess I will try in store to get it

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
You need a HIP survey to hunt migratory game birds. Item 007 Woodcock 019 for all migratory birds including woodcock. Do you need both 007 and 019 should you hunt both woodcock and ducks and or geese?

http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/Item/ListOfItems.aspx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts