Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Long story short, I am a long time Michigan native who took a dream job in WI two years back. I now have a 10 month GSP and am planning to hunt the western upper peninsula pretty aggressively this year. Does anyone have any experience with Blue Bill Creek GEM? I want to get this pup on as many flushes as possible, and BBC looks promising for woodcock. I have a cabin just south of Marenisco MI, so anywhere in that general area is where I'll be targeting. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this and replies... I just really want to get my shorthair on as many wild birds as possible..

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
2018 Blue Bill Creek was getting pretty thick. We where there the last of October trying to point a grouse I just think we were late to the show. We where hunting out of Paulding. If you turn east on Bond Falls Road in down town Paulding. Follow that out by the lake there are several creeks and drainages flowing into the lake. Stop and get you a state map at the Ottawa welcome center it will help a bunch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2018 Blue Bill Creek was getting pretty thick. We where there the last of October trying to point a grouse I just think we were late to the show. We where hunting out of Paulding. If you turn east on Bond Falls Road in down town Paulding. Follow that out by the lake there are several creeks and drainages flowing into the lake. Stop and get you a state map at the Ottawa welcome center it will help a bunch.
Thanks for the info, Bondhu. I'll definitely pull that up on the map tonight. I appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Making my first trip to Michigan to hunt. Bill Blue is on my list of the 3 days. Im so excited. I send you a PM.
Hey Ruffhunter,

I did not see your P.M., but I'll look again.. Just a heads up, the south parking lot is where I parked and If you look on the GEM map, you'll notice that the trail goes through the creek. It was maybe about 20 yards or so, but that 20 yards was pretty under water. I had to hop a bit to get past it. Wasn't a big deal but make sure you've got waterproof boots or don't mind wet feet if you park there. I took the trail alongside the creek and had a total of 5 grouse flushes. 3 were at once, right off the main trail, and the other two were on the trail that parallels the creek. Zero woodcock flushes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.