Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to sound like a smart @$$. Sitting here talking to Scotty about what happened Thursday morning and the death of someone's husband,father, son or brother .
We are not wondering IF a machine will go through the ice, but how many this weekend?

There are those who say "oh darn the east side will be packed". Sunset, Thomas etc... so frigging what. IT'S SAFER.

I have been getting enough eyes down state here locally to keep the fry pan full. So, personally I am done on the bay this year. To many people counting on me on a daily basis. ..

Use your heads up there fellers

Rooster

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Don't mean to sound like a smart @$$. Sitting here talking to Scotty about what happened Thursday morning and the death of someone's husband,father, son or brother .
We are not wondering IF a machine will go through the ice, but how many this weekend?

There are those who say "oh darn the east side will be packed". Sunset, Thomas etc... so frigging what. IT'S SAFER.

I have been getting enough eyes down state here locally to keep the fry pan full. So, personally I am done on the bay this year. To many people counting on me on a daily basis. ..

Rooster
Number one:: shouldn't you 2 clowns be working!!!

Number two: where and what time tomorrow morning we're always looking for a new adventure at your little honeyhole.:D

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of the local lakes look like swiss cheese I drilled so many holes. My lake master chip gets me close. But ya gotta be on the spot on the spot

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

Rooster
Downstate huh? Interesting ;)

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I always found that the general area around the hot ponds was a dangerous spot except in severely cold winters and then one wouldn't want to get too close to the discharge area. This was a good guy that was an experienced fisherman. He had even pulled another fisherman out of the water one time. It just shows that it can happen to anyone if the ice is taken for granted.

·
Premium Member
29,582 Posts
I'd rather have someone follow me out and jig 5' away from then go off the westside right now if that's what it takes to keep them safe. Praying for a good weekend. Heading inland north tomarrow myself, hope for a safe return of everyone on the bay:).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts