Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much ice Wixom lake has? I am GOING somewhere friday and saturday. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fished on one of the cuts and this morning and it was slow. Checked the boat launch and there was 2 guys in a shanty about 150 yards out and there was 3 inches of ice. I decided to wait until next week before I go out into the channel. there is a big snow storm supposed to hit this weekend, so time will tell. hope this helps

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the info. I am really looking foward to that deep crappie spot you probably know where I mean but will wait till next week. Looks like Houghton Lake for me this weekend.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was with copper44 on Sunday, and the cut we were on had a solid 4 inches of ice

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Fished 32' today 3 deep in a shanty. Ice was great at least 4". Fishin was super slow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
307 Posts
Can anyone give me an ice report for the dnr launch off Dundas? I would like to try it out in the morning if there's good ice.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not sure on that side but fished the last 2 days on the east branch in 28 FOW 5 inches there. It was getting a little slushy on top today. Kept 15 caught 40 yesterday and kept 21 today and caught roughly another 40. Yesterday had a surprise when I landed a 28" catfish on on 2# line (see my avatar). Most fish today especially keepers were 4-5' off the bottom.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hit it Saturday, early bite was great, then they went to the bottom and were light lippin. Kept 45. Used my clam 6 pack for the 1st time, it was sweet

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
When you say east bay, how far up were you? Where can I get on at? I've only fished dungras launch and just north of there. Nice catch. I would love to catch some crappies. Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Now I have to figure out which side I want to go on tomorrow... That clam six pack is a nice shanty, we sat in one on Simcoe last year when it was -15, nice and toasty with 3 buddy heaters going. Anyone know if the Lakeside bait and tackle still opens at 7:00?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Now I have to figure out which side I want to go on tomorrow... That clam six pack is a nice shanty, we sat in one on Simcoe last year when it was -15, nice and toasty with 3 buddy heaters going. Anyone know if the Lakeside bait and tackle still opens at 7:00?

I was there at 7:10 on Saturday they were open. I went by at 6:40 on Sunday and they were closed so probably 7. Not sure if that is every day though.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
my dad went out for the evening bite, 26 fow red spikes small jig. got an 11 right off the bat then it was slow only fish biting were the ones up off bottom at least 8 feet

1 - 20 of 140 Posts