Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the pier this morning shortly after nine this morning. As I was going off they were throwing the drop nets near shore. They had about 12 in the bucket of nice size wives. They had just started thowing the net.

I took one king 18 lbs and 37 inches long. On the traditional 5 eye cleo. Others were being caught also. Slow, but sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off, I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum as I have been looking for a report from the pier fishermans respective for a long time! I live about 4 hours away ($80.00) and would rather cast than troll anytime! I've only gotten up to ludville once so far this year but it was a good trip on the 12th.- 13th. (aug.). Caught 3 kings (spoiled!) Lots of wifes there that night. Trying to get 2 days in a row the tues. after labor day! Work retail, so the weekends off are hard to come by! I'll try to be there for the 20th. I'll bring 2 new spoons if there is still time to get in on the big fish off, and to meet some avid pier anglers. Might try to sneek up on wendsday night if the fishing reports sound good, (only have thursday off this week). Yes i'll drive 8 hrs. to cast for 8 hrs. Can't get enough! Thanks again, OHIO JIM

·
Registered
762 Posts
The pier fish seem to hate me. I only had one run in 3 days of fishing Ludington this past weekend. I'll be in Frankfort sept 20-22 for the Betsie, so would it be worth it to drop by the Frankfort/Elberta piers?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
The pier fish seem to hate me. I only had one run in 3 days of fishing Ludington this past weekend. I'll be in Frankfort sept 20-22 for the Betsie, so would it be worth it to drop by the Frankfort/Elberta piers?
Yes. Just bring gear for river and the pier just in case. Youll be ready for anything! :cool:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sounds great. If anyone wants to fish that pier the night of the 20th, let me know. I'll be in the river that morning stripping streamers for kings, then float spawn at the mouth in the early evening. That night is open for some pier kings. I would love to know what i'm doing wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts