Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be hard to wing myself of the water line. Just have to play with the beaver more I guess:lol: Drove by a creek today and seen plenty of coon tracks. I wanted to throw 15 or 20 sets in, cause I know this is it until next year. The 110 conni's, in the truck, were calling my name. Oh well, I'll play with the fox and coyote till turkey season rolls around, but it sure is a bummer knowing I don't have any water traps to check and maintain:sad: Anyone else get a little depressed?

·
Registered
655 Posts
im with you frostbite kinda sad not having to wake up each morning like its christmas wondering whats in the traps:(

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Pulled my rat and mink traps today, and what do ya kno, just from last night, there were tracks everywhere, mink and coon. Thats how the cookie crumbles i guess.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Frostbite,my biggest time of year is yet to come---SPRING BEAVER.
Our ice has been dangerous all season.Did get a few rats on the ice,but after breaking through so many time,decided not to push my luck.I will just have to wait another 2 1/2 months till ice out.Then it is a fast and furious 2 weeks.
I do get awful fidgety when I don't have traps to check.
Beaver will go a long ways in doing away with any withdrawl.
Tom Olson

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
i know what you mean frost. i miss them early morning checks but i will relive it soon enough. i have 10 days off starting friday so i will be putting some canine traps back out thursday. after seeing some of the sign this past weekend i hope to pick up a couple more over the 10 days.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Are you serious, I couldn't wait for the season to get over heres my short list of reasons!

1. I frequently went for a swim
2. Water is cold in winter
3. Go back an read 1 and 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts