Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you leave to head north for a little open water fishing and the temp is five below zero at 8am and it hadn't been above freezing in a week, you question you're sanity. The motor coughed to life at 1pm, heaters lit at 1:01 pm, and a few hours/hits later a couple nice bucks make your day. The next day is even better and a picture of your fishing partners holding a dime bright unclipped hen only hours/day in the river makes you glad you are a little insane!! Riverman
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Hey!!!!!that's the one I lost last week.....Nice fish...Yummy....:)

FIND A PLACE THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.....AND GO THERE.....OFTEN

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,135 Posts
and GREAT pics

thanks for sharing the insanity !!!

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Great photos and report!

Yup! Sometimes I wonder about my sanity while river fishing during the winter. The first time Toto and I fished the Big Manistee a few years back (we hadn't yet met) it was -17 in Wellston that morning. We had fun and we caught fish.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Insane?
Insane like a fox maybe. Looks like you had the run of the river and got fish to boot. Personally I'd consider it insane to stay home when it's so beautiful outside and theres fish in the rivers like those :)
Glad you had a good time!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
DANN09 said:
Hey Whit dos'nt the back ground in those pics look familar. I think I know the spot they were fishing ;) ;)
argh! i wasnt going to say anything but i have been there as well. many times. :lol: nice pics riverman.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
DANN09 said:
Hey Whit dos'nt the back ground in those pics look familar. I think I know the spot they were fishing ;) ;)
Yes, I noticed that right away, but refrained from revealing the location so as not to upset anyone in here. I am shocked that no one has mentioned it in the above posts. Where's ol' what's his name when ya need him?.........:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts