Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Was down in the basement a while ago. I have multiple cans of paint and stain that is over 20 years old. What's the best absorbent to mix this stuff with in order to get rid of it?

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,173 Posts
Yep.

I need to 5S my garage so I can get two cars inside again. I need to get my pole barn cleaned up so I can get a 2nd boat and the quad / plow in there. Seems like the more outbuildings I get, the more stuff I collect. I have always been a collector of boards. With the price of lumber currently, at least I feel good about it.

Still need to put a new eaves trough up on one side of the house as well.
I have a small section of eaves to put up, thanks for reminding me. now if i can remember when I am ready to do it!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Going through all my tackle and equipment to determine what I am selling this spring. The other day I counted 12 downrigger weights in various sizes, 5 spare props(for boats I know longer own) and a box of reels that I haven’t used in years. I can’t believe how much stuff I have acquired over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Was down in the basement a while ago. I have multiple cans of paint and stain that is over 20 years old. What's the best absorbent to mix this stuff with in order to get rid of it?
Last year I used cheap cat litter mixed in with the paint I disposed of. Once dry, I was able to dispose of it in the garbage. You can also Google your local waste disposal company for their recommendations and what they will and will not dispose of.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Working on my wife's house. Lost granny a couple years ago. Still have the house. Estate sale this spring got cancelled, so it just sits. Got 2 rental offers, 2 cash buy offers, and one single mom with kids and poor credit. Just sealed the basement walls, tossed old linoleum on the basement floor, fixed some power panel issues. Have to move the water pipe entrance and upgrade all the old galvanized pipe to pex. Bathroom floor is in need of rehab. Toilet is like a rocking chair. If we get ice I'm done for a while.

·
Registered
135 Posts
IMG_20200904_201115829.jpg

Picked up a 1980 CJ5 this fall that has sat for quite a few years for $1500 bucks! Got the ol 304 fired up and sounds pretty good so need to go through it this winter and get it road ready for some fun next summer. Hopefully we are allowed to drive and go outside still by next summer!:hide:

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Got a million and one projects to do.;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have 10 tractors that I work on--all running and have room for 3-4 more, but not sure I need anymore. All stored inside. One outside a MRS with DETROIT 4 71 Mississippi Road Service 4x4 and 4 wheel steer---always have something to do with a tractor..............

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yup. Gotta clean out the garage and I am also bringing back an old refrigerator from up north. Going to convert it to a smoker. I'll get picks when I get it home. Prob grabbing it this weekend. I think it's from the 40's. Should be a sweet smoker.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I recently built this pantry. This winter/spring I’m going to gut our kitchen and build all new cabinets. It’s a big project since I’m also planning on removing the bulkhead that is there. Oh how I despise drywall work.
I feel your pain, egg: during the 1st stay-at-home order we gutted the kitchen and when I was ripping down the bulkhead I discovered it was built into yet another bulkhead.... The boss also had me ripping down ceiling drywall - perfectly good ceiling drywall mind you - I demonstrated quite the vocabulary during that exercise....

·
Premium Member
10,598 Posts
View attachment 614481
Picked up a 1980 CJ5 this fall that has sat for quite a few years for $1500 bucks! Got the ol 304 fired up and sounds pretty good so need to go through it this winter and get it road ready for some fun next summer. Hopefully we are allowed to drive and go outside still by next summer!:hide:
3 speed on the floor?

·
Premium Member
10,598 Posts
4 speed on the floor
Two of my friends' dad's had cj-5's with 304's. Could have swore they were 3 speeds. I think they were both 79's. Sure have a lot of good memories from two-tracking and hill climbing in the Yankee Springs area as a high school kid.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's a C code jeep so it came with a 258 with a 4 speed. Someone put the AMC 304 in it at some time and mated to the factory 4 speed.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts