Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wind was howling and snow was spittin and the ducks were dying to come to our spot today. If we would have been more aggressive we would have easily limited on Mallards for 4 hunters. Passed on several Hens trying to make a decision,,,should I land here,,,or here,,,or maybe here. A few times guys were saying why didn't we shoot,,,well they were on your side,,,didn't you see the big greeny's??? 1 Gadwal came a little close too, missed a couple teal as they buzzed through after shooting Mallards.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Went to Fish Point today with a couple of friends. We didn't hunt the managed areas, but decided to head to a little hole close by. I was pretty jacked. High winds, snow, the birds will be everywhere. Boy was I wrong. We saw a total of 20 birds from our spot. We never shouldered our guns. :( Where did all the birds go? Did they fly away with the high winds? Thought we would have an easy limit (or close to it) today. Oh well, better than working! :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
same here BIG K! dumped half day at work went out by deckers,seen two hens about 50 yards out BUT if you want to get birds you have to to stay alittle later out there say about 40-50 min. thats when the really shoting starts! had my boat on the trailer and shot the **** with another guy smoked a cig. prolly about 30 min. after shoting time then the banging started

·
Registered
76 Posts
That drives me nuts, what is it with people?? Do they not read the regs or think that shooting hours is the same as deer hunting, 1/2 hour before 1/2 hour after...

·
Registered
142 Posts
TOOK A SCOUTING TRIP TODAY FROM THE CLINTON RIVER AROUND THE LAKE TO DECKERS. SAW ONLY A FEW BIRDS AROUND THE CLINTON RIVER THAT WAS IT. LOOKS LIKE THE WIND MAY HAVE SENT THEM OUT OF HERE. THE NORTH CHANNEL WAS BREAKING WATER OVER THE SEAWALL AT DECKERS. FOR THE GUYS SHOOTING AFTER HOURS I HOPE THEY GET NAILED. IT ONLY TAKES A FEW BAD APPLES TO SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There were a lot of divers sitting in the mouth of Goose Bay this weekend. The butterballs were thick as well. Took a couple of butter balls Saturday and Sunday. Saw a total of about 6 mallards in the flats all weekend. See more of them floating in the canal behind the house. Did see a lot of birds down while hunting last Tuesday before the big storm. Heard a lot of shooting going on all day. Still really haven't seen the big flight mallards yet. Should be comming soon.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Same report for 4 days of real slow hunting in Sag Bay. Lots of mallards one day but they were not buying on the layout boat. Very few teal left. Saw some divers and the mergy's and blacks were showing up too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts