Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
If it is as windy there as it is here, I would say NO! (SW 33 G 49) I tried that Wednesday night and only lasted 15 mins. There were no branches for me to hold on to and swaying back and forth 5 feet each way was not fun! I thought the way my stand was situated I might have been ok, but I was not.

But then again, you won't see any deer sitting on the couch! Just please be safe (not a dummy like me)!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I tried still-hunting a swamp earlier to see if I could something bedded, but even in the swamp the wind was just nasty. I would avoid tree stands in this wind.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Foreveryoung001 said:
I tried still-hunting a swamp earlier to see if I could something bedded, but even in the swamp the wind was just nasty. I would avoid tree stands in this wind.
I would avoid walking under trees. While I was out this morning trees were snapping everywhere.

·
Registered
277 Posts
when i was out earlier today walking around i noticed the tree that was next to the one i was in was no longer standing and part of it was on the tree i was in no i think ill stay on the couch tonite ty

·
Registered
655 Posts
i was in my stand about 18 or so feet off the ground tonight for only 10 min. and got out ......i thought the tree was gonna snap....seen about 20 deer this morning all headin back at first ligh too far to tell what they were

1 - 9 of 9 Posts