Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked the marine weather forcast....winds out of the west all night at 10-20.....switching to SW at 10-20 and increasing to 30 by end of sunday.
I'm staying home and watching some NASCAR or something....or maybe drive the car onto the ice at Fair Haven, stay in the warm car and watch the snowmobiles drag race all day...the SW wind will keep the smell of the two stroke oil outa my interior....
But I'm not gonna fish in that wind...have fun and good luck to all....I'll wait for monday and hope for improvement. Going in for a heart catherization wednesday so I'll be out of commission for a little bit....keep on them mudpuppy!!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I posted yesterday that winds were supposed to be 20-30 out of the NW for today...Its no where near that strong today...Its a shame that weather people cannot even forecast windspeed:mad:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I had my full size clam I had to take a battery powered drill and 5/16 lag screws and a mini ratchet out with me so I could bolt the unit down to the ice. It was the only way I could step ouside to take a leak in 7 mph winds! I love these one man instant fold em up units we use now....but I still put the auger part way into the ice and put the rope handle of the shanty base over it in case something goofy happens. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts