Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's,can the gust get up to the 23kts like predicted and still keep the waves below 2 feet? I was maybe going to drive up tomorrow and fish,but I don't want to get beat up.

Thanks

Saturday: West southwest wind between 6 and 16 kts, with gusts as high as 23 kts. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Waves 2 feet or less.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
That depends a lot on where you launch from. Where were you going to launch?? The Bay can get bumpy REAL quick and is prone to T-storms coming up FAST! I usually launch from Au Gres area due to where I live and that forecast tells me 2-4 footers where I would head to fish. Not 2 ft. or less.Fun... Just my observations from fishing the Bay. Ya never know though...Tough call.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here is what the noaa website has. I was going today but cancelled due to there forecast

.SATURDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS AROUND NOON...BECOMING
WEST 10 TO 15 KNOTS. NUMEROUS SHOWERS WITH SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS.
OTHERWISE MOSTLY CLOUDY...BECOMING PARTLY SUNNY DURING THE
AFTERNOON. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET...BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET BY MID
AFTERNOON.

Hope this helps.

Mel

·
Registered
309 Posts
Paperboy is right,the big water is nothing to mess with and the waves and weather change very fast out there.....better safe than sorry.;)

Al:fish::fish:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wasp, with the forcast IMO I would stay home and wait for a better day.But I am retired so I can pick my days to go. the report I got said 1to3ft waves sat and 2to4s sun sometimes you can add 1ft to the forcast no matter what they say. If you go be safe. good luck

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
I am going to be up there for a few days and by what I can tell I wont be able to get out untill sunday evening.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now read 3-5 for sunday. I was out a couple of weekends ago in 2-4 and it just plain out sucked. I was going to try my newly learned bay methods on lk st clair this morning, inlines and harness's and then some thunderstick jr's except the wedding I went to last night has me here reading fishing reports all clamy and shakey:dizzy:.hoping this brown bottle flu passes and I can get a little whippin in this eve out of ph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts