Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Guys and Gals, does anyone have the plans for the box windbreak that has the fold down sides. I think it calls for 1 sheet of plywood and a poly tarp. A fellow worker is looking to build one. I have one that was given to me from a fishing fool uncle. These are really nice when your jumping around and trying to locate fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grizzly.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have detail plans for a wind blocker type sled that I designed. The drawing file is in ACAD 2000 format.

Here is a 3D picture generated from AutoCad

I also have some digital pictures that may help get a better feel of the sled. I dont have them here at work though. I will try to post them tonight at home if time allows.

If you want the dwg file let me know. I will email it to you.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Banditto

Ya I was goofing around last winter with a smaller pernament type style shanty. Overall Dimensions are 4 ft by 6 ft. With a slope roof the height is 5 ft to 6 ft.

Here is a picture. Once again I have the file in ACAD2000 format. I never have built this shanty so the plans are not tested.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
A picture of the plans for the wind blocker sled. I dont have it completely dimensioned. Also no material list. I have been thinking about building a new one so maybe Ill update the drawing and create a Bill of Materials.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Riverboy, curious why you made the roof pitch upward toward the side with the holes, and not toward your back?

I want 8" long though, and raise the sides so that they compensate for the wheel well of the bed of a truck--somehow retractable. I like some of the ideas of the one in your drawing.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I just had to comment on the organizational and precision you guys use when designing and building something new to use. I should post scans of the 'plans' I used when I built my shanty... ;) :D They really are mis-leading though, as I work it out in my head before putting anything on paper, then just put down enough to remind me of what I already thought out.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Hey Scott,

Are either of those drawings the plans for the sled you brought to the Lexington Outing? If I remember correctly, you had a heater mounted under the seat. I'd like to build one of those sleds soon.

At the same time, I have a dogsled that my patrol built while I was in the Scouts. Its in the rafters of our garage and I'm thinking of modifying it so that it folds into a wind shelter.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Banditto

Dont know why I have it towards the holes. I havent really put too much thought into the pitch of the roof. After looking at it agian the pitch probably doesnt need to be that steep as well. Once again the shanty plans have not been built and tested. So there is always room for improvment!

Hey Chris

Yep that is the sled I had at the Lexington outing. I also posted a thread about this sled last winter as well. The heater under the seat sometimes gets to warm. Also I need to get a heat sheild in the box. The heater was starting to cing the wood last winter.

Here are some pictures

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Please do not break wind near me...:p

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics, Scott. Looks like a good project for a rainy day.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Is there any other program other than Autocad that I could use to view those plans? Don't have Autocad, but would very much like to have a copy of those plans. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
jimhx

Ya I think so, Let me look into it!!!

Bilgerat

Im memory serves me I think I used 7/16". I will check tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
jimhx

I can export them out to a *.bmp file. I dont think the detail will be as good though

Bilgerat

I used 7/16" thick OSB

Carp_assasin

Thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Riverboy
If you caould do that I would greatly appreciate it. I have some 3/4" oak plywood leftover from one of my jobs that I think will be perfect for this. Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
jimhx

No Problem shoot me you email addy!!

That 3/4 would work good but the only draw back is the weight! I went with the 7/16 to keep it somewhat light!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts