Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished oscoda,friday evning and saturday,the lake was a bit bumby both days,friday evning fished the mouth, didn't last long due to sea conditions,never got the skunk out.saturday morning,at around 5 took drive down mouth wind still whipping,deceided in my best interest to get a few more hours of shut eye.after a few more hours of shut eye and breakfeast,headed out around 10:30 ran south into waves,set up in the low 1600's in 105 fow to troll with the waves back north took 2 small salmon 1 big king 2 lakers and a big brown,out deep,fished the combat zone by the mouth at dusk took 2 more salmon.ended up with 5 kings 2 lakers and a brown.

·
Registered
71 Posts
"set up in the low 1600's in 105 fow to troll" please excuse me for my ignorance but what does this mean?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1600's are the gps numbers nortth and south. 105 feet of water.we ran way south for the troll with waves back to port.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Larry--
Pretty good considering the conditions. Did you mark many fish? How was the traffic at the mouth (assume it was pretty bad judging by your "combat zone" comment). I may be up next weekend, hopefully the fish are still there, and the boats aren't.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vanwagm,the mark was good deep,we marked lots of in 90 to 105,bait fish and fish70ft to the bottom,also marked single fish high 15ft to 35ft we would loose the mark inside 85.i think we might done better out there if we got a earlier start,didn't start setting lines to 11:30.we marked alot of baitfish in 65ft to 55ft ,trolling in but din't see any fish there,also no hits there. the combat wasn't to bad this weekend,i think the waves kept alot of boats away,it's still always adventure trolling the mouth,especally in 2 to 4ft waves,we put a double on trolling into the waves with only two of us aboard,of course we were surronded by boats at the time.you should be good next weekend there has been no big push of into the river yet.all three of 4yr old fish we caught were chromers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts