Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the bait ban in the LP, will you report a bait pile opening day if you see one?

Public or private land

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
What game/fish laws should we ignore and not report????

Didn't know there was an ignore list.........:sad:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
As long as the bait pile isn't 1000 pounds of bait I will keep steppin. I don't have my name on my bowstand and use minerals as attractants. I'm not 100% legal either. So instead of fighting each other we need to get along more.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Private land...Absolutely! I'm the only one with access to the land I hunt, so if there's a bait pile, there's also a trespasser! Dumping bait on the private land I hunt will immediately be followed up with a report with either the CO or the police.

State Land - Absolutely! This land ALSO belongs to me, and my kids, and my grandkids...and even yours. The future deer herd that my grandson will inherit is placed at risk by these poachers that refuse to follow today's law. If they are baiting, then they are NOT hunting...they are POACHING!

Would you report someone shining and shooting deer on state land just because they don't agree with the law? Would you report someone hunting deer out of season just because they didn't have the time to hunt during the regularly scheduled season? Would you report someone that was hunting without a license because they didn't think the state had the right to mandate licenses? Poachers kill our animals with no respect for the law. Hunters...real sportsmen...follow the law and take game legally. Darn right I'd protect the deer! And I'm proud of it!

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
As long as the bait pile isn't 1000 pounds of bait I will keep steppin. I don't have my name on my bowstand and use minerals as attractants. I'm not 100% legal either. So instead of fighting each other we need to get along more.
Shame on you!:sick:

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Hunting over bait in the LP is no different than shooting deer out the window of a truck with a spotlight. I would report either one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
illegal is illegal, one bad hunter makes all hunters look bad. It just gives anti hunters one more thing to cry about.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Private land...Absolutely! I'm the only one with access to the land I hunt, so if there's a bait pile, there's also a trespasser! Dumping bait on the private land I hunt will immediately be followed up with a report with either the CO or the police.

State Land - Absolutely! This land ALSO belongs to me, and my kids, and my grandkids...and even yours. The future deer herd that my grandson will inherit is placed at risk by these poachers that refuse to follow today's law. If they are baiting, then they are NOT hunting...they are POACHING!

Would you report someone shining and shooting deer on state land just because they don't agree with the law? Would you report someone hunting deer out of season just because they didn't have the time to hunt during the regularly scheduled season? Would you report someone that was hunting without a license because they didn't think the state had the right to mandate licenses? Poachers kill our animals with no respect for the law. Hunters...real sportsmen...follow the law and take game legally. Darn right I'd protect the deer! And I'm proud of it!
Ok Mr.Perfect.Next time you speed down the road i hope the cops bust your ass.Speeding is Speeding.I really dought your that perfect,Mich

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely since I hunt private land, It would mean someone is trespassing. If a neighbor is baiting, I guess it would depend on the severity, and how it affects my hunting.

·
Registered
161 Posts

There must be something in the water around here. I agree with every word of your post, and have said the same things to numerous people.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

I hope you go after each shot you hear 5 minutes before and after shooting time with the same zeal... That is actually poaching..

It is not poaching if no deer was shot over said bait pile.

·
Registered
95 Posts
when I head up 131 I am going to set my cruise at 70 and record all plate numbers that pass me and call the cops.:smile-mad

·
Registered
415 Posts
NO. So I should report all the treestands on the stateland next to our property because none of them have a name or address on them? After all the law is the law and one no more important than the other according to some on here. I think the C.O. has more important things to do.

·
Banned
37 Posts
No i would not report them. And in no way is it as dangerous as shooting from a car at night. Or is it the same as taking game without a license. Even the mandatory punishments are different, so clearly the law sees them as different. I am so sick of people like Blueump. Under the current law my grandma feeding her birds could be written for "feeding". If you want to bait go for it. The deer herd is not going to vanish if you bait. Gotta love the scare tactic.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
Seeings that I hunt private land. If the neighbor had bait on there side of the line would i report it???

Nope, It is none of my business what the neighbor does. It is his property. Plus wars amongst neighbors leads to loosing the ability to track deer at a later date.

And I dont need a speech of how his bait pile is going to make CWD spread wild through the deer herd I am hunting:dizzy:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts