Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything pro/con on these cams? Are they worth say 55-65 bucks a shot? Looking for a couple cheaper digital cams that to keep buying film.:D Thanks for any info...m:D

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
marty said:
Anything pro/con on these cams? Are they worth say 55-65 bucks a shot? Looking for a couple cheaper digital cams that to keep buying film.:D Thanks for any info...m:D
They don't take great pictures, and the flash is really poor, but for the money they are better than nothing. If you can, spend a few bucks more on the Wildview xtreme 3, as it takes nice pics and the flash is much better. I've gotten some pretty nice pics off my xtreme 3.

http://www.chasingame.com/reviews_wildview.htm

·
Registered
610 Posts
My brother bought the cheap model and pics were OK but grainy and there is no date or time stamp. He then upgraded to the wildview 2 and the flash was weak but took good pic. So I bought the same model wildview 2 in Jan and they have improved the flash allot. In fact when the snow was on the ground I had to put tape over halve the flash to prevent the over exposure I was getting. You can go here to see a couple of the pics I took with mine. I got mine with rebate from Cablea's for around $70 I feel it is good for price and not as big a pain if stolen. I also built a nice lockable mounting bracket that should help slow down the thief's.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177841

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More of a tresspasser deterent for me . I guess for the price also if they got busted or ripped off not too much invested. Not too bad of pictures though for the price. How many pics can one hold?

Good idea about locking them up as well. I guess if they want them bad enough they could cut the tree down:yikes: . Might buy one see how it hold up. Not really bad for the price. thanks again..m:D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Here is a site that shows what you get depending on card size.
http://www.wildviewcam.com/product_xt.html
I have 2-256 meg cards I got at Wally world for ten bucks apiece I just change the cards when I check cam. It runs on 4 C batteries and they lasted me about 3 weeks. I picked up a 12V rechargeable gel cell for $15 and a couple bucks at radio shack for the plug to plug battery into the unit. It has been running on that for three months now and I have not had to recharge it yet the gel cell was under the snow for a couple of months with no problem.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think for the price and what I want them for they'd be ideal. Good idea bout the battery change out. Thanks.......m:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
One thing I have not seen mentioned yet is the trigger time. Much slower than what some of the folks here have. My Wildview 2.0 is at least 5 seconds before going off. You definately need an area that the deer hesitate or hang out (bait pile, salt lick, etc.)

For the money, I am happy with the pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts