Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone useing these? If so how are they? Is it true you get what you pay for? The 4.0 is available for under $100 or less.
I am wanting to get a cam or 2 and don't have alot to spend.
Ken

·
Registered
739 Posts
I just bought one last week and so far I have no problems. It takes very good pictures both day and night. I've had it out all week in cold weather and still have full battery life. The only thing I have a problem with is locking it to a tree. I saw an idea on chasingame.com where you use a 8x8x2 cake pan and a python lock but i still feel a little nervous leaving it out in the woods on public land. I guess if they want it bad enough they'll get it no matter what though...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I own two and have had no trouble with screens, moisture, etc etc
They have sat in all the rain the last 3 months, videos are good, pics are good color daytime great. The led that shows movement detected i covered with electrical tape, very bright!!
I did a bonehead and broke one but the customer service was outstanding.;) Not like the horror story you read about others. I might mention i tried the 8x8 pan thing and they don't fit! I expected them to sit back inside the pan or its possible i have a odd dimension pan...

IR4 is hard to beat.

pw

samples:
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2892651#post2892651

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I tried cuddyback with limited success. Great camera when it works. Tried wildview////// absolutely terrible camera.

Then tried a gameview 1.3 from walmart for $50. Wonderful so far. No complaints.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got one of those i can post some pictures if you would like to see what its like. its a pretty good camera so far overall no trouble with it

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have 2 of the larger IR/flash models and just recently bought the new IR4 and couldn't be more happy with them!

The only complaint I had is with the mounting bracking that comes with the larger cameras...not the best system. I would recommend just using bungie cords.

·
Registered
15,392 Posts
A friend of mine bought this camera. It takes nice pics, but his flash quit working. He will be sending it out for warranty work soon.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My buddy just bought the 1.3 we put it in the U.P. and will retrieve pics next weekend. I will post some when we get the results.
We also put out:
moultrie i-40
cuddeback excite
leaft river (old but still kickin)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts