Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got back from our pig hunt on sun and it was a blast. We had 10 shooters and got 8 pigs, 1 ram, and a bison. Here are some pic.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was the Trophy Ranch in Ubley. 90 min from Detroit in the Thumb

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
What was the cost? Did it cover processing, packaging, etc? Would like to go on a hog hunt and could use some more info. What was the "area" like? How large, terrain, etc? thanks!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy's at the trophy ranch were great. We had ten shooters and got 8 pigs the biggest was about 250 and the smallest was 220. One guy took a Buffalo and another took a nice ram.
They had 165 acers Of really nice woods and swamp. The cost was $450 for the boar and $60 to process it. The bison was $775 and $200 for processing and the ram was also $450. We already booked for next year.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Hey if any of you wanna try another really hard hunt...come on over I live in lapeer...I will let you shoot my cows and sheep for real cheap....

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I wasn't aware there was a difference.....they are all equally wiley...ha ha ha.....no can hunting for me

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I want to shoot a hog someday with a flinter.
Why are the others against a preserve hunt?
Beats the heck outta buying burger from Kroger.
At least they hunted and killed what the will eat.
Many people don't have the time or money to travel and they apprieciate the idea of shooting what they eat.
I hunt preserve birds so my dog can work birds more often.
Many times I give away the birds to people who love to eat them.
Preserves serve a good purpose.
I support them and those who hunt at them.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Trout, Well said.

I am one to NOT support deer hunts, because these individuals dont just shoot average bucks, but the ELITE bucks of the world. Then BRAG!!

But for some guys to shoot a HOG that eat it,

HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Sportsmen better start supporting any legel form of harvesting game rather they like it or not. Some of you think it's wrong to pay to hunt well some think it's wrong to shoot a hungry animal over a bait pile while others think it's wrong to run game animals with hounds. Just because you don't like it or can't afford it doesn't mean it wrong so why bash somebody that does. Why worry about Peta we're duing a good job bashing each other instead of fighting the enemy.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
How much for a cow chuckinduck? Are they one of those sneaky Herferds of just some old milk cow?
Werent you making a "DIG" about canned hunts with this statement?

Just wondered, I am for them if people will SAY they shot that deer from a fenced enclosure, and not preach about being a great hunter.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
No it was a dig at some body that has to make fun of somebody elses hunt because they eithor can't afford it or don't like it. I have bird dogs and like to pheasant hunt but have no access to land with wild birds so it's eithor pay to play or not hunt pheasants. Perserve (can)hunts also allow me to hunt other birds not avabile here in Mi. chukers, huns, and even mutian(different color phase) pheasants. Am I interested in a hog or deer hunt no but I'm sure not going poke fun at somebody that does.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Cool Worm Dunker, I was just wondering if you were playing both sides.

I am for both sides on this one, but I am 100% ALL for someone to hunt anyway they want as long as its LEGAL!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.