Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using wigglers for perch in Erie?Used to use them in Lake Mich for perch many years ago.I dont know if anyone sells them around Lake Erie or not.Anybody?

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Has anyone tried using wigglers for perch in Erie?Used to use them in Lake Mich for perch many years ago.I dont know if anyone sells them around Lake Erie or not.Anybody?
They have them in Clare county..right down the street from budd lake bar..but not happening down here...lots of people pulled limits in Ohio from anglers shiners..and plain bottom hook

·
Registered
168 Posts
Pretty much all of the perch I caught on Lake Gogebic through the ice were caught on wigglers. Years ago one of the bait shops downriver sold them, but I don't remember which one it was.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I used to use them through the ice on LSC, and called them "fillet mignon for perch". However, for the number that you would get (counts) and how fragile they were, they didn't seem economical. I would always have to pry them out of a dink perch's mouth. One winter about 20 years ago, I got some from a bait shop in Oscoda and I couldn't believe the big scoop I got.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts