Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys finding bait shops carrying wigglers yet? They didn't have them at Angler Archer, and given that the place is for sale and inventory is way down, I'm doubting he's going to get some in...

·
Registered
253 Posts
well idk where u r located but down my street on jefferson Im 99.9% sure that they sell wigglers all the time, I always get a dozen or so of them.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'll try and check the 'Hespertucky INN and Bait Emporium' tomorrow.

Did that newer archery shop on M-120, think it is called Long Range Archery, start carrying bait?? I know this time last year, he was just getting minnow tanks set up.

Might also want to give Parsley's a ring ... although they are a bit out of your way.

Ed

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey guys, what are wigglers? I assume these wigglers are not the same as the summer season wigglers that are like fat redworms????

·
Registered
48 Posts
neil duffey said:
where in the world did ya hear that angler and arhers (now m and m outdoors) is selling the buisness? please tell me it isnt so!!!!!!!!! :(

Breathe deep and relax I was just in M & M Outdoors today.
They are not going out of business. And he was filling out
an order for more ice fishing supplies. Shipments are sheduled to
arrive by next Tuesday. I know that I will be back to check out
the new supply of goodies! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
neil duffey said:
where in the world did ya hear that angler and arhers (now m and m outdoors) is selling the buisness? please tell me it isnt so!!!!!!!!! :(
I dont think fishfoote is from this side of the state, must be a Angler Archers over where he is...

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
neil duffey said:
The Original Poster is from Twin Lakes and asked about Angler Archer. He had me going for a minute or two till I figured out the west side.

But, Anglers and Archers is out of business. That is why it is M & M or whatever now.

I do not think that the wigglers keep as easily as minnows and the various maggots so the bait dealers will not get them in until the demand picks up. The more ice the more the demand.

BTW, Lakeside in St. Clair Shores had a bunch of them and the bait man showed up this morning while I was there and they took delivery of another 1,000. I do not know if that was 1,000 wigglers or 1,000 containers of wigglers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
check happy hookers on mccracken off lakeshore,i heard from a friend he had some.i never knew the place existed until he told me about it,he said they have a small selection of lures and things but they have most of the bait varieties. he told me he got a ton of red spikes for 2.50,way more then three dozen. all hear say though but it might be worth a call or a look.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fishfoote said:
I'm on the west side - near Muskegon, land of the "Going Out of Business" bait shops.
i did notice alot of bait shops in your neck of the woods are going out of business, don't you guy pay for your items?:yikes: If I really think about it at your cottage that bait shop burnt last year :dizzy: , you might have to take up a differeent sport if this keeps up...

See you at hubbard this year...if you see Terry say hi for me...

Rick

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow Bait shop on mccracken got to check that out. All the bait shops are going out of business because people want to save a nickel and go to the big chain stores. Gettin 2 more this spring :bash: It's gettin pretty hard to find a bait shop around here. I've got to drive 20 to 30 minutes now one way just to get bait to fish infront of my house. :sad:

books

1 - 16 of 16 Posts