Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guy have to ask will putting a wiggler on a jig help with walleye at all ?
I am thinking of going and dipping some so I get nice big wiggies. and has any one ever heard of Anise oil was told by a old timer to put a few drops on hand before baiting or tying on jigs. :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have never tried wigglers before, I've seen them in bait shop's
but never have tried them,been ice fishin for 18 years now.
I've seen walleye swim right buy my minnows......maybe its time
to try some wigglers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't talking just wiggler More like tipping a Swedish pimple with a few wiggies. Going out tomorrow will have to give it a try can't hurt.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Try anything cant hurt put it that way. In general though walleye senses are good when it comes to low light sight and lateral line senses. Their sense of smell is among the worst so I guess if its a visual thing yes, a scent thing dont bother. I use anise oil or some form of it, sometimes, its the main ingredient in a lot of the bait mate products sold. Especially good for species like trout.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Don't know about winter, but the eyes sure do love 'em in spring when they're turning into "winged creatures". Have to try a gob sometime through the hard water.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
i've caught a walleye on wigglers before through the ice. mighta been a fluke though, i was fishing for panfish at the time.

give em a whirl, like was said earlier, can't hurt. and they definitely eat them when they are hatching in the early/mid summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well my fishing day fell apart as the wife got sick how dare she lol. I did drive by the lake allot of guy fishing. I was a little surprised after all the warm weather now 4 inch’s fresh snow and 38 degrees and what do I see a guy unloading his snow machine and shanty after asking a few guys at there trucks and finding out there is no more then 3 1/2 to 4 inches ice I just couldn’t stay to watch lol. Is it me or does this guy need his head examined?:bash:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use wigglers on Hardy. I have done better with than without on the smaller fish. The larger fish dont seam to care. But there are not as many larger fish as small up there. So I try for anthing I can get samll fish are better than no fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts