Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any famous or popular colors on these , I know there are just bad days .... But I have tried them on several occasions and haven't even came up with a sheephead ! Anyone ever use salamo hornets , kind of similar and I have had alright days on inland lakes with them ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any famous or popular colors on these , I know there are just bad days .... But I have tried them on several occasions and haven't even came up with a sheephead ! Anyone ever use salamo hornets , kind of similar and I have had alright days on inland lakes with them ?
I've caught alot of walleye on warts but I only run metallic colors. painted lures never had much success with gold is usually the best color but green and chrome has done very well on the bay this year

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have been running metallic gold, metallic blue firetiger and one that is metallic and mix of all colors (blues, grays, purplish) not sure what is called. Limits the last three times out including an 8 lbr Sunday on the gold one...60 to 65 feet back 1.8 to 2.0 mph, 18 to 19 FOW.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Gold/black, purple/black, blue/black, chrome/black

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank u guys , it figures though I bought nine of them last year cause of reports and only one yellow/pink metallic the rest are painted ! Stinks breaking out the check book but is always fun having a crankbaits addiction. :)FISHON

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ok so try this. Your line to a bouncer 2oz is good. then a 6 ft leader to the wart. Put a crawler on the front hook. Key is to hook it using two of three loops of the treble, now to get it to run right you have to pay attention to how the hook hangs on the ring to assure it is the two that are the ones that hang evenly. The crawler should look like legs dangling off the back. Now fish this as a standard BB by free spooling to the bottom and click the bail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts