Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Hunting Military camouflage Plant community Tree

It was an awesome hunt this morning. We had 4 strutters come in and she zipped the first one that gave her a clear shot. 10 1/2” beard 1” spurs. The only downfall was that when i chased after to grab him he turned and i grabbed his fan unintentionally and pulled out the feathers. So that was a big fat bummer. So if anyone has an idea how i can do a fan mount with the 19 feathers we retrieved. Please let me know!!! Hindsight being 20/20 i shouldn’t have chased after him. She smoked him hard and would have died pretty quick

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
View attachment 831858

It was an awesome hunt this morning. We had 4 strutters come in and she zipped the first one that gave her a clear shot. 10 1/2” beard 1” spurs. The only downfall was that when i chased after to grab him he turned and i grabbed his fan unintentionally and pulled out the feathers. So that was a big fat bummer. So if anyone has an idea how i can do a fan mount with the 19 feathers we retrieved. Please let me know!!! Hindsight being 20/20 i shouldn’t have chased after him. She smoked him hard and would have died pretty quick
Congrats to wife great bird bet she is hooked on turkey hunting

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Funny guy!!! she was a little more than disappointed when i got back to her with the bird…
But she understood
It’s going to be tough to make a turkey fan from those feathers. Not only do you have the 19 feathers you pulled out but all the feathers in front of them. The shorter feathers in front hide the quill from the tail feathers.
Flight

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
#1 That is friggin awesome! Huge congratulations to your wife B! I know how hard you were working getting her on her 1st bird so kudos to you both man.
#2 Now about that plucked up retrieval you pulled off... From what you've told me about her I gotta ask, did she give you a black eye, or kick you in the nuts when you showed back up with the bird??? 🤭

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
#1 That is friggin awesome! Huge congratulations to your wife B! I know how hard you were working getting her on her 1st bird so kudos to you both man.
#2 Now about that plucked up retrieval you pulled off... From what you've told me about her I gotta ask, did she give you a black eye, or kick you in the nuts when you showed back up with the bird??? 🤭
thanks brother!!! For #1….. as far as for #2……. It was like looking into the eyes of a Black Mamba.. spitting venom… and she was in between me and the truck so i had nowhere to go…. Sat there with my thumb in my mouth taking it like a man..

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
What’s up Norm, I haven’t seen you posting about that boss Tom up have roosted…..oh never mind your still coaching second base !
Flight

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can tell you wrapped the bird in bacon. But tell me more because it looks like something I would eat ?
Flight
marinade in oil,vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, salt and pepper and brushed it with a Carolina BBQ sauce while on the grill!! I think you’d like it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts