Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
That's an amazing 6 pointer, glad you could shoot it after seeing him on film, congrats.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet!.....That's a great buck...Congrats!!

What time of day?? Chasing Does?? Let's hear the story man!
7:15am Opening day. I could hear deer below me very shortly after getting in my stand and could hear them running around till it got light when I saw a doe come out from behind the big maple tree that's 30 yards away and after she moved off a nice 8 point I've got some pictures of was right in her tracks. They moved off to the neighbors field and I had no shot at him. DANG I'm thinking. Then him and another smaller buck fight in the field for 10 minutes or so and I grunted a couple times and they stopped and looked my way but that's it. So my attention is fixed on them when, from behind me a deer comes walking towards the noise the other bucks are making so a quick check with the binoculars and, no horns. DANG again! She starts making her way out away from me and about 15 seconds behind her came this big boy and there was no doubt about this one. Perfect broadside/slight quarter away 60 yards. He ran about 50 yards and was done. I wish I had weighed him because he was heavy for sure. I snapped a picture and sent it to my brother at 7:31am. It truly was a perfect morning.

·
Premium Member
9,073 Posts
I was thinking about how cool those big wide 6's are and then thought if i had one coming to me i would just get to watch it and let it pass, as i only have a restricted left in my pocket!! Ouch!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.